Chapter 45-Persuasion.

Almost one and a half month which she felt equivalent to an entire decade and there they were, standing in front of each other after such a long time.

Tears were continously cascading down their cheeks as their brown eyes mirrored each other.
For Ambar, she looked almost the same but a little paler from the last time she had seen her.
On her wedding day.

Ambar couldn't believe her eyes. Her prayers were finally answered and her Dida was really in front of her. She still doubted whether this was an actual reality or not.
If this was a dream for her then she didn't wanted to wake up from this pleasant one.

Amrita hiccuped whilst holding the pendant which she found on the floor, minutes before when she collided with her cousin.
Her baby sister, 'Amy.'

She couldn't explain her pain of not seeing her, not hearing her voice. There wasn't a single day when she hadn't missed her sister and she had also never thought of looking her face again but destiny had played this game and here as Ambar stood just few inches away from where she was.

"Dida!" Ambar addressed her once again with tears coming up.

"Amy!" Amrita finally voiced out her nickname and this time, she took no time to be in her embrace as she cried more, holding her tight.

"Dida! Oh! Dida." Ambar sobbed.

"Ambar!" Amrita cooed her, whispering her name softly. It felt like an eternity.

"I missed you so much. Thank you god.. I just can't believe it that you're here." She murmured, burying her face in the crook of her neck.

"Ambar... shush... Please don't." Amrita tried to calm her down as the girl continued to let all her emotions out at once.

"How are you?" Ambar asked, looking directly in her eyes this time.

"I'm better now." Amrita replied with a small smile which she returned with equal affection.

"Ambar, did you find?" Nakul halted mid sentence when his gaze landed on the person who stood in front of him.
The one who had decieved his trust, had broken the promise and most importantly, had also ruined his reputation.

"Amrita!" He went rigid and his mouth got set in a thin line. He had pushed all his earlier feelings to trash and now, she was just his friend's sister. A friend, whom he really considered as an important part of his life.

Amrita's eyes widened when she saw him behind Ambar.
She couldn't look at him, she felt vulnerable knowing that she had betrayed him but she had no option back then. She has no alternative even now.
She had to do it better than spoil someone else's life. Crucially, His life.

"Nakul! Dida is here." Ambar smiled widely at him.
Amrita glanced at Ambar in bewilderment. She couldn't fathom what was he doing here with her cousin or the other way round, what was she doing here with him?

"Amy! Did you find it?" Aakash asked Ambar approaching towards her, oblivious to the tensed surrounding.

"Yes." Ambar smiled at the boy with tears in her eyes.

"Amy! Why are you crying then?" Aakash asked her with a concerned face.

"No... These are happy tears." She brushed off from her right hand, while her left one was still holding her Dida.

Amrita was actually perplexed to whatever was happening.
She had contemplated her to be in New York by this week but instead she found her out with a man whom she hardly knew few month ago. The man she was about to get married to and now her sister is here with him in a complete different state. She knew she was missing out something.
Suddenly her brain evaluated an indecent thought which was very hard for her to digest.
Now, she dreaded to hear what her mind was already stating her.