Chapter 48-Dejected.

"I need your help..." He spoke with those mixed feelings which were sinking within him about this decision of his but he had to let her go....
He closed his eyes for a brief period of time.

He was actually delighted to acknowledge that his brother won't have to be at the hospital anymore but the nurse had chickened out from what had happened earlier and no other nurse was available so the only option, he had was to ask Amrita. He found himself at the door of their room. While he was about to knock, he heard few giggling noises which abruptly stopped.

"Anyway, Vashisht told me that the admissions are not done yet... that means you still have a chance." He was about to knock but halted in his steps when he heard her saying.

"I don't think so... I can't afford the expenses. I still have a lot to save from my salary." He heard Ambar mutter, this time.

"Amy! I have some money. I received it from the mutual funds this month." Amrita said further.

"No... Dida! You would be needing that money for the baby... I can't accept that from you." She had refused, straight away.

"Ambar... This is your dream! It's NYU." Amrita said.

There was a pause for a moment. Her dream!!!!

"Chachu? What are you doing here? Aren't you going to tell Amy?" Aakash appeared out of nowhere and pushed the door open, intruding their conversation.

"I know..." Ambar mouthed before her eyes shifted to Aakash and finally on him.

Since then, he was contemplating about everything.
He found out all the information about the university and it's admission procedure.
He wondered why didn't she ever mentioned this to him?
But then, he knew she wouldn't had allowed anybody to provide her any sort of monetary help especially as a pity

"Nakul, Are you there? You're freaking me out son... Is Mayank?" Manyata's panicky voice dragged him back to the present reality.

He inhaled sharply.

"Mom! Nothing is wrong. Actually, Bhai is getting better.. Doctor has a lot of hope."

"Oh ... Thank God! This is the best news, I've heard since a very long time." She said in a relaxed tone.

"But what help do you want?" She quickly asked him in a confused way.

"Mom! Do you have any connection in NYU?" He queried.

"Yes... son, I know one of the senior professors who works there but what's wrong in it?" She was bewildered as he pounced another question.

"Can you please provide me the contact details? I just want to help someone." He replied.

"Someone? Is this someone very special." He could hear a hint of tease in her voice.

"Yes... Mom, Please!"

"Okay! Okay! I'll forward you the number and some other contacts which might help you too." Manyata replied.

"Thank you... Mom." He smiled a megawatt smile.

"Anything for you, my son.. good bye and take care." Her soft voice soothed his ears.

"Bye Mom!" He hung up and sighed.

In just few minutes of some wait, his mother passed him the number and some additional information.

He knew what he had to do and he was up for it...

To finally let her aspirations get fulfilled.

------------------------------

"Amrita Maa! Amy is not letting me watch Shinchan." Aakash complained.