Chapter 15-Dinner.

"What the... Hey!" He half yelled almost frightening her.

"Oh my god!" She shrieked covering her eyes.

"What are you doing?" She mumbled sounding dumb.

"Can't you see? I'm buttoning my shirt. Now would you turn around?" He snapped.

"Yeah. Okay." She quickly turned her back towards him whilst he continued buttoning his shirt.
Once he finished, he came out.

"You! That day, You were the one who did threw her books on me, didn't you?
What are you doing in my house? Hell! What are you doing in my room?" He queried with arrogance.

"Your room?" Her eyes went wide.

"Yes."

"I....I... I.." She stuttered.

"Ambar?" Amrita knocked before intruding. Nakul's eyes bulged as he witnessed her coming forward.

"Have you cleaned it?" She asked ignoring his presence.

"No Dida." Ambar instantly answered before Amrita noticed him finally.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." She quickly apologised in a low voice.

"Dida. Actually, I stepped into the wrong room." Ambar explained.

"It's okay. You can use it. I'll be outdoor." He said after understanding the situation and started leaving immediately.

"Ambar. Are you alright?" Amrita asked Ambar out of concern.

"Yes Dida... Hunky dory!" She chirped while Nakul's mouth twitched in amusement.

He quietly walked out giving both the sisters, some privacy.

------------------------------
"Mr. Suri." Vinay stood up when Nakul stepped in the living room.

"Mr. Sahay. Please be seated. Thanks for coming." He added with a smile.

"Hello Ma'am." He greeted Sandhya.

"Hello Sir.... I mean Nakul." Sandhya laughed nervously.

In the meantime, both the girls joined them.

"And look, they're back." Manyata said.

"Are you alright, Ambar?" Manyata asked her.

"Hunky dory." Nakul muttered quietly without letting anyone hear him but Ambar did.

"I'm fine." She replied embarrassed.

"Great.."

"Mom! May I?" Nakul interrupted her while she gave a slight nod to him. Then he turned towards Sandhya and Vinay.

"Mr. Vinay, Ma'am. I need your permission before speaking to your daughter." He asked politely.

"Sure." They replied in unison.

"Amrita! Mr. Nakul would like to give you a tour of the house." Sandhya elbowed her.

Amrita stood up while Ambar followed her to accompany them.

"Ambar! Where are you going?" Sandhya asked her in a threatening voice.

"I... Umm... just." She stammered.

"Ambar, why don't you tell Mrs. Suri about your post graduation. She lives in New york. I'm sure she might help you out with the information." Sandhya spoke while Ambar occupied her place again.

-----------------------------
They were walking on the lawn grass, barefoot. Silence was surrounding the atmosphere. Both of them were short of words.