Chapter 37-Small Shot's Birthday Part 1.

The car halted and the doors flapped open.
A middle aged lady stepped out leaving Ambar baffled when she pulled out a wheelchair with her and placed it on the ground.
Realization got dawned on her and she ran to offer her help.
Ambar smiled widely when her eyes landed on the old lady who was still seated in the back of the car.

"Hello." She greeted her and the old lady smiled affectionately at her.

As she helped the other lady to get the sweet old woman out, she felt another pair of hands of some person who just stood beside her.

Her gaze shifted to the man and she couldn't help but feel her heart pounding hard in her chest.

She could'nt believe he was here.
Tired and sleep deprived but still managing to look breathtakingly handsome as he carried the old lady or Aakash's great grandmother to her wheelchair.

"Oh. Thank you, son." Mrs. Singh thanked him and he smiled at her.

His smile... She missed that so much...
Ambar was clearly zoned out.

"Mrs. Singh, she's Ambar. It was all her plan to get you here." Nakul introduced her before turning to Ambar who was still lost in her own thoughts.

"Ambar.. you might have guessed her, haven't you?" He nudged her.

"Yes..." She recovered herself before bending to touch her feet.

"Ma'am, how are you?" She politely asked.

"To be frank. I'm not at all fine because of this woman who is standing behind me." She murmured referring to her caretaker.

"I didn't expect this from you, Auntie. You should be thankful that I got you here, safe and sound." The other lady replied.

"If it was on you, Shilpa then I wouldn't even have gotten to meet my boy especially when he'll be turning five at midnight." Mrs. Singh retorted and Shilpa just ignored her as she hugged Ambar who stood perplexed on one spot.

"I know, what you must be thinking about us but let me assure you that we both love each other very much and bickering is a just a part of our love." Shilpa whispered in her ears.

"Okay!" Ambar giggled.

"Don't believe her, Ambar. She might fool you about me.." The old lady spoke.

Ambar kneeled in front of her,  holding her hand.

"Actually she did nothing but eulogised about you, ma'am." Ambar said and Mrs. Singh's eyes softened.

"I'd believe you only if you will call me Granny, please. Even you, Nakul." Mrs. Singh requested. She glanced at Nakul who just nodded with a smile.

"Gran-ny.. Granny." She uttered and the  elderly woman had nothing but tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. Did I say it wrong?" Ambar quickly apologised and she laughed.

"No... It just reminded me about Shikha. I never thought that I'd be fulfilling her wish of coming here only to find her gone." This statement brought tears to her and even Shilpa's eyes couldn't stop watering while Nakul's face had turned rigid and desolated.

"I'm sorry..." She sniffed wiping her cheeks before changing the subject.

"Where is my Aakash? Isn't he excited about his birthday?" Mrs. Singh asked her enthusiastically.

"He was really excited to stay awake till midnight. Eventually he fell asleep before his usual sleep time but he was smart enough to set an alarm for his birthday knowing that his sleep would somehow betray him." Ambar elucidated and they all chuckled.