Chapter 18-Devastated.

She was completely clueless about what her aunt was implying her to do.

"I don't know where she is? I swear." Ambar hiccuped.

"Ambar, you've to marry him?" Sandhya's words hit her like a volcano.

Did her aunt lose her mind completely?

"Mr. Nakul, do you have any problem?" She asked him.

He was stunned too.

How could he picture someone else as his wife?
Obviously he didn't love her but then, the image of Aakash flashed in his mind.

Surely his mother would take his small shot away if this marriage doesn't take place and he wouldn't have let that happen.

"I'm ready to marry her." He replied with the uttermost sincerity which made Ambar gasp.

Did he lose his mind as well?
Why was he so adamant in getting married?

Ambar had always believed in a marriage filled with love where nothing mattered more, other than those feelings which would bound to keep each other happy and together.

She was indeed small when her parents passed away but she clearly remembered how much affectionate, they were for each other and marrying someone out of those bounds didn't give her any hopes and didn't got along with her.

"I'm sorry but I can't do this." She face palmed as she repudiated.

"Are you insane?" Sandhya couldn't keep her voice low while Vinay decided to be numb like always.

"Have you forgotten how much we have done for you? Is this the way you're going to REPAY US." She spattered whilst Ambar hung her head low.

"I can't marry, I can't marry him." She cried more and more while Manyata quickly rushed to her side and hugged her.

"Enough!" A loud howler from Manyata quickly silenced Sandhya.

"This isn't a game for God's sake. It's a marriage, you're talking about. You can't foist something like this on her, can you?" She clamoured while Sandhya and Vinay both hung their heads in shame.

"It's alright dear, calm down. You don't have to get married." Manyata's words soothed Ambar greatly but she wasn't still able to meet her aunt's and uncle's eyes.

"Talking about the guests. I'm quite capable of handling this kind of situations, myself." She said and sauntered inside while the rest followed her, still not daring to speak word.

The crowd turned to her which mostly included the office staff and their families.
Sandhya hid behind the nearest pillar so she couldn't come in contact with all those women with whom she was so acquainted to.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank everyone for coming on a very short notice but I'm really very sorry to say that there has been an emergency and because of which we won't be able to proceed through this wedding. I hope you all will understand and won't push in the matters further. Thank you and I insist you all to have food before you leave." Manyata announced in a strong voice while the crowd started gossiping amongst themselves.

Ignoring everyone around she left without speaking a word to anyone. Nakul followed his mother while the Sahay family just left for their home.

------------------------------

"Chachu!" Aakash ran into his arms.

"Hey, small shot." Nakul lingered kisses on his face as he hugged him dearly.

"Chachu! Please don't kiss my cheeks." Aakash rubbed his face in annoyance.

"I missed you a lot." He said whilst hugging him.