Chapter 8 - Light vs Protector

44 reads, thank you guys so much. I really hope you enjoy my story! =)

----------------------------------------------

It was Monday morning, the last day of the long weekend. I sighed and my head hit the pillow once more. Hold on, where was I. Oh, I had forgotten, I am now a part of the Kira case and a suspect, however, after last night's incident. I wonder if the percentage has dropped. I left my room and took in the nice smell of bacon and eggs. On a table was a steaming plate of bacon and eggs. "It is yours, Watari made it for you." I heard L say from his chair.

"Where is Watari, I really want to thank him."

"He is out right now doing some errands, he won't be back until late." I just simply nodded at this and took a seat in front of the plate. It tasted so good, it was the best breakfast I had ever had. I savoured every bite. After I finished I stood up and joined L on the couch, looking at what he was doing. He was gathering information on the Kira case.

"I think that Kira is a student."

"Why do you say that (Y/N)."

"Well, I noticed that the killings only started straight after school finished and the times of the killings also in the mornings and afternoons which implies that Kira has a job, maybe part time."

"Yes (Y/N), I was just thinking that."

"Really?" I said excitedly. I was so happy right now, L agreed with me on something.

"Yes, your deductive skills are impressive." He said in his usual monotone voice, not looking up from the computer. I felt my face heat up, I wonder if my percentage has dropped.

"L?"

"Yes."

"W-What is my percentage now?" I asked nervously, why was I nervous.

"The chance of you being Kira has dropped to 34.75%." That's a good start, I hope I can one day get it down to zero. I nodded at him, I could hear my phone ringing from the other room. I got up and ran to it, it was Light.

"Hello, Light."

"Hey (Y/N). I've got this really cool thing I want to show you."

"What is it?"

"It an abanded room in the school, I think you would like it. Can you meet me there?"

"Umm." I didn't trust him for some reason, I looked over at L who was listening in on the conversation. He nodded. "Yeah sure, what time?"

"Now. Come alone." He hung up, that was rude. He didn't even say goodbye. I scooped up my backpack and walked out the door. Before I could leave I felt something tug at my wrist, it was L.

"(Y/N), please be careful out there. I do care about the safety of the people I work with." He said in a concerned tone. I smiled at him and left towards the school.

It was weird, the school was lifeless. I sighed as I waited near the front entrance, I heard footsteps from behind me. I was then pulled into a hug, I squirmed out of it. "Relax, it's only me." I gave him a shy laugh. Somethings off, Light knows I don't like people hugging me. "Come on, I want to show you something." He took my hand and dragged me through the halls. While we walking past the lockers he twirled his thumb around the back of my hand. Did he like me, no, no one could ever like me in that way. But the more I thought about it the more I realised that L cared about me.

"L-Light what are you doing," I stuttered. He dropped my hand.

"Sorry, just instinct." I nodded slowly and continued to follow him. "Here we are." Light placed his hand on the knob and turned, the door creaked open. The room was dark and dusty with shelves scattered around the room. It looked like an old library. Shredded documents and books surrounded me as I went to the centre of the room.

"Your right, this is cool." I giggled.

"This isn't the only thing I want to show you." Light came striding up to me, I moved backwards, only to hit the desk behind me. I could not move anymore back.

"L-Light." I tried to push him away but he moved my hands and came closer. I could feel his breath on my face, it smelt minty and refreshing. He moved his face closer so our noses were touching. "Light please stop, you are s-scaring me." He kept on inching closer, I moved my head to the side.

"(Y/N), why won't you look at me."

"We are nothing more than friends, please don't do this." He brushed my (H/C) hair behind my ear.

"Oh, but I want to be more. (Y/N), you are so sweet and innocent. After all, you practically owe me your life, this is the least you can do for me." He was smirking. "I can trust you, can't I." I nodded in response. "But can you trust me." A single tear fell down my cheek, he wiped it away. "Don't cry." He said softly. "CAN YOU TRUST ME!" He shouted in my face. I felt weak, his words echoing through me. More tears came down my face, I was scared of what would happen if I said no. I nodded. "No, say it." He said sternly.

"Y-yes." I whimpered out.

"Good." He lowered his voice. "Then you won't mind me doing this." He snapped my chin towards his face and attempted to kiss me, until the door slammed open.

"Leave (Y/N) alone!" A loud but monotone voice said sternly. It was him, L had come to save me. I couldn't see him, only an outline. There was a bright Light coming from behind him, a ran to him, pushing Light away from me. The figure who I was 100% sure was L, outstretched his arms. Light just stood there, breathing angrily. I ran into his arms and they clasped behind my back. His face nuzzling into my shoulder. The doors closed behind us and he lead me out of the school. Watari was waiting for us with the same Limo I arrived in. He opened the door for us and we drove out of the school. L found a blanket and wrapped it around me, it was not until then I realised that I was shivering with tears stained on my face. He wrapped a single arm around my waist.

"Did Light see you." I asked

"No, I planned it so he wouldn't. It would be awkward because I'm planning to pull him onto the case, with his father's permission , Soichiro Yagami of course." A shiver went up my spine at this thought, L noticed it.

"Don't worry. We will have you hidden in another room while he is on the premises." I sighed in relief and rested my head on his shoulder.

----------------------------------

Hey guys, I hope you are enjoying my story. I'll write more today. Enjoy =)