Chapter 37 - The Fight

I stepped through the high tech security system and into the spacious main room of the new headquarters. "Whoa, this is impressive." There were big screens with a long desk and chairs, and a lounge area behind it. There was a figure hunched over in one of the office chairs. He spun around to face me, it was L.

"Yes it rather is, isn't it?" He stood up and walked over to me, his hands in his pocket and a lollypop in his mouth. I slinked my arms around his neck and stared into his eyes. I took the lollipop and stuck it in my mouth instead.

"That was mine."

"Well it was yours, it's mine now." I laughed at his facial expression. He then picked me up and sat me down on his lap on one of the lounge chairs, his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. He then threw me to the side and started to tickle my stomach. "HAHAHAHAHAHA, S-STOP, L, STOP!" I laughed through breaths and giggles. "HAHAHA, T-THAT TICKLES." He instantly stopped when we heard the signal that someone was about to enter. I sat back up and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "I love you, now get back to work." I pushed his shoulders and he walked back over to the chair and sat down.

Light entered the room. "Good morning (Y/N)." he said cheerfully. "Misa isn't here yet is she?"

"No." I mumbled through the lollypop. He walked over to me and went to lean in for a kiss but I waggled my finger in his face and pointed at the lollypop in my mouth. He pulled it from my mouth forcefully. "Hey, that was mine." I heard a slight chuckle from L, that was the exact same thing that he said. He leant in for the kiss once more but I moved my head out of the way.

"(Y/N) please, before Misa gets here."

"No, you took my lollypop. It tastes good."

"But wouldn't you rather the taste of these." He licked his lips.

"Nah, I'm more craving the lollypop."

"C'mon (Y/N), please." He was starting to get annoyed and pinned my chin in place. He moved closer and closer, our lips were about to touch when L interrupted us. Just in time. He was crouched behind the couch with his face peeking over the top.

"You know you shouldn't force a kiss onto someone. It makes the experience less enjoyable." His voice was low and almost threatening.

"R-Ryuzaki, what the hell. Anyway, how would you know." Light stood up straight and huffed in annoyance, still pinning my chin in place.

"This might surprise you Light, but I'm currently in a relationship with someone."

"Ha-ha, yeah right. No offence, but how could anyone love you." L stood up straight and took the lollypop out of Light's hand and popped it back in his mouth.

"Maybe it's because I'm observant and able to tell people's emotions, like when they are uncomfortable." A very small smirk came across his face. Light cursed him under his breath.

"Fine then, who is it."

"Who's who."

"Your girlfriend." Light's fists were starting to clench.

"I don't have a girlfriend, Light." The smirk grew bigger.

"Ryuzaki, cut this crap. Stop lying to me."

"I'm not lying to you, I am in a relationship," he sighed.

"T-then a boyfriend."

"No. Light, your straying further and further away from the right question. Maybe if you used this you would be able to figure it out." He indicated to his head. Light walked up to him and punched him square in the face. The lollypop flew out of his mouth. He just stood there. "I'm a lot stronger than you think." Light went into a full rage and kicked him in the stomach sending him flying back onto the ground.

"L-Light stop it!" I shouted.

"Shut up (Y/N)." Light replied. I opened my mouth but then closed it, lost for words. L moved the hair out of his face and propped himself up.

"That really hurt," he mumbled winded. Light moved down on top of him, raising a fist threatening to punch him in the face again. The other hand was pulling his shirt so he wouldn't move. "If you want to know that bad." He paused. "I have a fiancé."

"What's her name." Light commanded.

"I told you, I can't tell you that." He released his shirt and they both stood up. Light started to walk away.

"Fine then, but I still don't believe you."

"Oh Light, but I do." L was full on smirking now. Light spun around and started running towards L to punch him in the face. I ran in between them causing Light to accidentally punch me in the face instead. I flew back into L who caught me with one arm wrapped around my waist and the other shielding my face. Light lost his footing and fell into us.

-----------------------------------------

I really REALLY enjoyed writing this chapter. I'm writing the next one now. Author-chan =)