Chapter 63 - What I Really Hate

I changed into some black jeans and a grey sweater and remembered something L had told me. He told me that if there was some kind of emergency where my life was at stake to find a key hidden in his chair. I took the knife from my pocket and cut a section out of L's arm chair. Bingo, a small key came out. I then stopped in the middle of the room and thought where the most likely place to hide something would be. On a hunch I walked into the bedroom and tore away the mattress from the bed and found a lock that fitted the key perfectly. I hesitantly unlocked it and I heard a hissing sound. A section of the wall opened out. I had not known Lawliet to be the type to keep guns but I had just stumbled across his 'war' supplies. I filled a backpack with a few guns and flash bombs along with some bolt cutters. I then took out my own gun from the bedside drawer and tucked it in my belt. I was preparing for anything to protect myself and Lawliet. "Where are you going?" Watari asked.

"Where do you think." I slung the backpack on one shoulder.

"Take this." He held out a car key. I clutched it in my hand and gave him a long and final hug. "Please be safe."

"I hope so." He took my wrist and tied a red string around it.

"I want you to return it to me once you are both safe." I nodded with tears in my eyes. He was trying to give me another reason to come back. I turned away slowly from him and left him in the middle of the room.

"I'm going to Hiroshima." I said as I joined the task force. They all turned and looked at me in surprise.

"(Y/N), don't be stupid." Aizawa said with alarm.

"I'm sorry, but this time you can't stop me."

"Why can't you just go with the rest of us, we are going tomorrow." Soichiro argued. I shook my head.

"It's important to me. I have to go so please don't follow me. Tomorrow will be too late."

"B-But (Y/N)." Interrupted Matsuda. "They aren't going to make their next move for another month."

"It will be too late." L, I need to save you.

"W-What d-do you mean?!"

"It's a secret." I whispered. "I will be going now." Once I was in the garage I retrieved the keys and pressed the unlock button. A car honked and its lights flashed. I walked over to it and stared. It was a very flashy red sports car. A small smile grew across my face and I dumped the bag in the passenger's side. I glided my hands over the smooth wheel then started the car. I quickly pulled out onto the street and started the nine-hour and thirty minute journey to Hiroshima. The only thing that kept me going was repeating L's name. "Lawliet." I repeated over and over. I glanced down at the red string Watari had given me. What a strange thing to do but in a way it made me even more determined.

Nine Hour and Thirty Minute Time Skip

I pulled up to the address that was written in the file. It was an old abandoned office building. My heart was pounding as I gulped. I took a deep breath in then stepped out onto the gravel. It stunk of cigarettes which made me cough and splutter. There was no sign of any other cars. I then opened the back pack and hooked the weapons to my belt. With bolt cutters in hand I walked up to the wire fence and cut the lock from the gate. I quietly opened it and walked towards the entrance. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a car. I quickly bolted over to it to find that it was one of our cars. It was riddled with bullet holes and the windows smashed. My breathing was shaky as I checked inside. Luckily there were no bodies or blood. I sighed with relief and entered the building.

What had happened to my Lawliet, was he ok? Gun in hand I checked my surroundings and walked up the fire escape. Once I approached the second level I heard voices. I immediately crouched down and listened. "Has he started talking?" The first voice asked.

"No, but he keeps whispering (Y/N)." My eyes widened. L had been captured, this was bad. I held back tears and kept listening. The other man groaned.

"So she's still alive." The man said annoyed. "I'd thought I'd gotten rid of her."

"No, the mission failed. Lucy is dead." I heard something smash on the ground. "DAMMIT!" The man had to be her father, why else would he have reacted like that. "WELL FIND HER AND BRING HER IN!"

"S-She's practically non-existent. There is no evidence of her, all of her files have been deleted. The only trace of her is her parent's." What, deleted! This made no sense. Did L get rid of my existence to protect me. The only thing was my parents, now they were in danger too. I clenched my fist in anger.

"We will use her parents to get to her. Then she will surely show up, also I want to know her connection to this guy. What has he told you so far, anything about who he is?"

"He is refusing to talk."

"Try and ask him about (Y/N), find out what his connection to her is."

"Very well." I heard footsteps then a door open. I looked in the window and saw Lucy's father smoking. I kicked down the door and ran over to him with my gun pointed at his head. He froze and dropped the cigarette to the ground.

"Who are you!" I ordered.

"Who are you?" He asked casually.

"Answer the question." I teased the trigger.

"M-My name is Jack." He stuttered.

"You were in the secret service then joined the mafia after your wife died. Am I correct?"

"Yes that is correct. Who are you?" I sat down next to him and crossed my legs.

"You know; I really hate it when my family is being threatened." His eyes narrowed as he recognised who I was. "I also really hate it when my fiancé is being held captive." I waved the gun causally around in my hand. "And you know what else I really hate." My voice was cold.

"W-What?"

"Bullies." I then stood up and kicked Jack in the face. He fell unconscious and his nose started to bleed. I spat at him in disgust. This man killed his daughter, it made me sick to my stomach. I walked past his motionless body and through the door where the other man went. It was dark and was musty. It was harder to breathe through the thick air. I took a torch out and looked around. It was a closed room, no exits. Where was the other man? I started stamping my feet on the ground hoping to find a trap door. Luckily enough I did. I slid it open and looked down. The room was filled with ten people. Half men, half women. They were dangerous and were all armed. They hadn't noticed me yet.