Chapter 13 - Not the Last Goodbye

90 READS, I'm so close to 100! I really hope you guys are enjoying my story. It would so muchly appreciated if you followed me or even voted for this story =). Don't worry there will be plenty L x Reader moments to come.

-----------------------------------

Light Yagami was working on the Kira investigation today, that meant I had the chance to get close to him, to discover evidence. If he is not truly Kira, this is the chance to prove his innocence, even though I suspect him. It's my fault that his chances of being Kira were raised, I feel so sick to my stomach. I could not possibly comprehend him to be Kira, the boy that always stood up for me. I'm not sure about anything anymore. The sunlight was shining through the white translucent curtains. It was so peaceful, I was only surrounded by my own thoughts. Everything was silent. I sunk to my knees and felt the floor beneath me. The Task Force was told to come before Light arrived to hold a meeting about L's plan. I felt bad about this, I didn't want to hurt Light's feelings. 

My peace was interrupted by a knocking on the door. "Come in." It was merely just a whisper. I continued to look out the window. L walked over to me and crouched down beside me also looking out the window.

"It is quite beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes, it really is." I felt an arm wrap around my back, I leant my head on L's shoulder. "Today is the day. I wish I could have spent more of it with you."

"It is ok, once we have solved the Kira case we will have plenty of time to work on our relationship." I nodded.

"I understand," I whispered. Watari entered the room.

"Good morning L, (Y/N)." His hands were clasped together and he was wearing a nice suit as always. "I must inform you that the Task Force has arrived."

"Tell them I will be finished soon." Watari nodded, smiling at us and left the room. L stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up with him. We walked hand in hand to the door, L then pulled me into a hug. "No matter what happens I will always love you." My face flushed a bright red. 

"Deal," I smiled. He then took a hand from my waist and cupped my cheek. He then pulled me into a kiss, it was so tender and saddening.

"Let's go." We dropped hands and walked out of my room. Now or never.

----------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter. More will be coming in an hour. Things are gonna get interesting. Author-chan =)