Chapter 11 - Found Out

My phone buzzed, it was Light. I picked up the phone and answered the call.

"Hello (Y/N)." His voice had a weird tone to it, almost creepy.

"Uh, hey Light."

"Why haven't you been at school for the past two weeks." Crap, he has seen through my excuse.

"Umm, I'm still sick and I've got some family problems at home." I forced out a cough to make it believable.

"I know your lying."

"Am not!" I snapped.

"Sure, sure. Where are you right now?"

"I'm at home, why?"

"Hmmm, then why can I hear you through the keyhole." No, this can't be happening. Even after the incident this would for sure end our friendship.

"I-I don't know what your t-talking about." I stuttered.

"(Y/N), just let me in." I hung up the phone and sighed. I had no choice, I can't lie to him forever. I stood up and walked to the door. I could see his shadow from underneath the door. I unlocked it and opened the door. There Light stood, with his arms crossed. "Why did you lie to me." He sounded sad yet angry. He walked into my room and sat down on the bed. I was so stupid; I should have checked the monitors that L set up for me. I mentally screamed at myself but calmly stood opposite Light. He patted the bed next to him, "Please sit down (Y/N)."

"No, I'd rather not. I have been sitting down all day." He sighed and shrugged.

"I didn't know you were working with L. You shouldn't lie to me like that."

"I'm not allowed to tell anyone, I'm sure that you understand." He nodded.

"But why did you hide from me, we could bring Kira to justice together. And with you by my side, we will be unbeatable." His eyes had a crazy look in them and his brown hair fell over his face, his hand gripping at the duvet.

"L-Light, I-I'm so sorry. But after what happened in the abandoned library. I feel uncomfortable." I hung my head. He grabbed my arms and stood up.

"(Y/N), everything will be ok. I'm so sorry about what happened, I just lost control." He lifted my chin up with a single finger. "Will you forgive me?". He was my first ever friend, how could I not forgive him. I nodded.

"Yes." I whispered. He pulled me into a friendly hug, it was comforting. This could be the worst timing ever; it was at this time L walked into the room. I instantly pulled away from the hug. "R-Ryuzaki. It's not what you think."

"(Y/N), we need to talk." He stated in a deathly monotone voice.

"Happily, Light was just leaving." I grunted. Light smirked at me and left the room. L closed the door and walked towards me. I sat down on the edge of my bed and hung my head in shame. "I can't believe I just forgave him."

"So, you are just friends?" He looked at the floor and rubbed his feet together.

"Did I hear that right. Is the world famous L jealous?" I teased with a grin on my face. L walked over to me and then put his hands on my shoulders. My cheeks blushed deeply as I looked into his dark eyes. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on my lips. It was so gentle yet passionate. I stared at him in shock. He pulled away, breaking eye contact.

"Was it ok, did I do something wrong?" He seemed sad. I didn't know how to react, I just stared at him. I trusted my instincts and pulled him in for another. "I think there is a 100% chance that I like you (Y/N)." He humbled through the kiss.

--------------------------------------

Hey guys I really hoped you enjoyed this chapter. 12 will be out soon. =)