Chapter 44 - Christmas

I'm going to be starting a new L Lawliet x Reader fan fic. Don't worry I'm NOT STOPPING this one, I will continue to frequently post. I hope you guys are enjoying this story and will check out my new one which I will write the 1st chaper now. =), Author-chan.

----------------------------------

I pulled open the curtains, it was snowing. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as arms slinked around my waist. "Good morning (Y/N)." L leant down and kissed my cheek softly. I smiled and looked behind him to see Light sitting arms crossed on the couch; annoyed. I knew that he still liked me, and he always would.

"What day is it?" I asked turning back to him.

"The 25th, why, what is the significance?" My eyes widened and I pulled L by the hand and dragged him into the lift. This caused Light to be pulled from his seat and stumbling behind us.

"Hey! What the hell was that!" Light yelled.

"What's wrong?!" L was panicked. I pressed the ground floor.

"We are going out." I beamed a toothy grin at them. The both looked at each other.

"O-outside." L seemed scared.

"Yes, you know that place. It's where the rest of society is." He nodded slowly. Once we reached the ground floor I pulled them both out of the lift. Out of my handbag I pulled two beanies. One yellow and the other one white. I held them up in front of L's face. "Which one?" He started bight his nail on his index finger the pointed at the white one. I then passed the white one to Light and the yellow one to L.

"But I asked for the white one."

"If you're any whiter I'll lose you in the snow." He huffed and slipped it over his head. I then reached into my bag and slipped on a red beanie. "Ok, let's go." I lead them out the door and into the fluffy snow. L looked up at the falling snow flakes and stared at it like it was an alien species. I looked at him an awe, all his little quirks made his who he was and I loved that. One flake landed gently on the tip of his nose. He stared at it then shook it off. I intertwined my fingers in his and walked to the street.

We made our way to a small amount of shops nearby. All of them were closed, except two. A Christmas tree shop and a shop that was selling a variety of different things. I walked into the shop that was selling bits and bobs and L's eyes lit up as he saw a whole section dedicated to sweets. Light stumbled as he was pulled behind him. I watched as he immediately started filling his hands with lollypops and other wrapped sweets. I made my way to a small isle that was selling Manga. I looked at all the choices and settled on Tokyo ghoul and Death Note (XD I'm sorry, I just had to!). Once I was satisfied with my choices I went around to the next isle to bump into L who gave me an innocent look and was struggling to hold his collection of sweets. I saw Light behind him who was holding a few books about law.

We went to the counter dumped our finds down. The man looked at us surprised and chuckled to himself. "That's 16893.09 yen." (That's $200 in Australia, you know how bloody expensive manga is over here?!). Once we had paid we went to the Christmas tree shop. We looked through them all. I had settled on a small one that would be easy to carry but L was content on a 6-foot tree. We had a small disagreement on sizes.

"Well if you're getting that you're carrying it." He nodded and caught the attention of the lady at the front counter.

"This one." I glared at him.

"Manners." I grunted.

"P-please." The lady walked over and we bought the tree.

I could see headquarters. L dumped the tree onto the snow and stopped in his tracks; huffing and puffing. I walked over to it and lifted it up onto my back. He instantly shot out his hand onto my shoulder to stop me. "It's ok, I'm also pretty strong." He lifted the back end so that we were carrying is on our shoulders. The lift was a struggle. We had to carefully manoeuvre the tree into the small lift we were all pressed up against the walls, the pines sticking into our skin. "This is all your fault." I mumbled.

We set the tree up and I didn't bother wrapping the presents since they were going to be immediately opened again. I sat in the corner of the couch reading Death Note. L came and crouched next to me sucking on the top of a massive rainbow lollypop. Light was sitting in a single armchair studying. "Ryuzaki, you would like this." I said looking up at him. He grabbed the manga by the corners of the page and jumped off the couch, flipping through the pages. "Hey!"

"Yes, very interesting. It's been a while since I have read a "book" (Y/N). Thank you for the present." He then walked off, pulling Light with him. Light yanked on the chain which sent L flying back towards me.

"Do you mind, I'm studying."

"Sorry Light." He stood back up and crouched down next to me.

"I'll be taking that!" I took the manga off him and continued reading. He leant in and kissed my cheek.

"Oh Ryuzaki." I chuckled. I tapped his nose lightly and his raven hair fell in front of his face. I pushed him down and snuggled into his chest. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too (Y/N), my fiancé." He whispered back. L strained his head and kissed the top of my head. "When this is over I'll marry you." His arm tightened around my waist. I could feel Light's eyes burning with hatred towards L.