Chapter 36 - A Name

I dedicate this chapter to ArwenSenpai for their constant support, thank you so much for all the votes and the nice comments =). It really makes me smile to see that people are enjoying this story. Author-chan =)

-----------------------------------

I sat on the couch in deep thought, I was so confused. I knew that the reason I had to get close to Light was to see if he revealed anything, but the one thing that confused me the most was why he was dating Misa. I didn't understand, was it because Light was just a cheater or was it something else. I leant down and banged my head on the table. "Stupid memory." I muttered. I would just have to ask Light why when he got back. I outstretched my arm and tilted my head so my ring glistened in the sunlight. It was so beautiful, I wondered where he got the money from. I felt the couch rock. I looked over to see L sitting in his crouched position. I pulled myself back up.

"Hello (Y/N)."

"Hey." I sighed as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Is everything alright? You see somewhat different."

"No, it's just my memory. That's all." We sat there in silence for about ten minutes. There was a ding noise that came from one of the computers and the letter W appeared.

"Ryuzaki, I would like to inform you that Soichiro Yagami and the others have returned."

"Thank you Watari." He placed a finger under my chin and lifted my face up to meet his. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "(Y/N), I love you very much." He pulled my face closer until our lips touched. It was the most caring and gentle kiss he had ever given me.

"I love you too, L." He moved so his cheek was pressed against mine and whispered the quietest whisper I had ever heard.

"It's Lawliet, but no one must ever know. I trust you not to tell a soul. If Kira ever found out this would be the end of me, no doubt about it." I nodded.

"Ok, Lawliet." I whispered back. I heard the door handle turn and I instantly moved to the other chair. Just as if we didn't know each other. In walked Light, his father and Misa. I stood up walked over to him. "Are you alright." I gave him a quick hug.

"Y-yeah, I'm alright." I pulled him by the arm over to the corner of the room. Misa looked possessively at me. I lowered my voice.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, anything."

"D-do you have some kind of memory block."

"No, I don't why?"

"Umm, no reason. Ok, can you tell me why your dating me and Misa again."

"Misa is obsessed with me so I went out with her as well, with your permission. It's you who I really love. Why can't you remember that, what happened, who did it to you. Was it Ryuzaki!"

"No it wasn't anyone, especially Ryuzaki." I paused. "Nothing happened, I just can't remember that's all." I twirled the ring around my finger.

"When did you get that." Light took my hand and lifted it up.

"Oh, umm that. My mother gave it to me for my birthday." He let it go and grunted. Misa tugged at Light's arm.

"C'mon Light, leave her alone. I'm sure you'd rather my attention than hers." She glared at me. "He's mine Katori." Misa was the only one now who didn't know my real name. She pulled him by the arm and took him away. I leant against the wall. I felt like there was another reason, whatever it was it was not for Light's reason.

"(Y/N), would you come here for a moment."

"Huh, who's (Y/N)?" Misa asked.

"It's me." I said as I walked towards L. "Yes Ryuzaki."

"How would you feel like moving headquarters to a proper facility."

"Would I get my own floor."

"You mean we." He smirked.

"Well then of course." I giggled and hugged him but quickly retreated. "Oh right, I forgot." He smiled back at me gave me a hug. I looked over his shoulder to see Light glaring at me.