Chapter 22 - You Have a Heart

Hey guys, fluff chapter coming up after this one. Enjoy, Author-chan =)

-----------------------------------------

Watari opened the door for me and I stepped into the room. There L was standing in front of me, holding out his hand. I took the gun out and placed it in his open palm. I looked behind him to see the task force. "Matsuda, catch." L threw the gun back and Matsuda ran to catch it, almost dropping it.

"Light isn't here, is he?"

"No I sent him home, so we could discuss that evidence." I nodded at him then started to walk over to the couch but was stopped by a tug at my wrist. I was pulled into a hug, L wrapped his arms around me. "Are you ok." I nodded. "Are you sure?" I froze then burst into tears.

"No, I'm not." I sobbed into his shirt.

"Katori, are you ok?" Matsuda rushed over to me.

"Matsuda, go away." L stated.

"I killed someone, I am heartless." L pulled away and gripped onto my shoulders tightly.

"No, you're not. Don't ever say that." L shook my shoulders. He was almost shouting, it was frightening. More tears came streaming down my face and L pulled me back into a hug. "Shh, it's ok. I did not mean to scare you." He ran a hand through my hair and kissed me on the forehead. He had to bend over slightly since he was taller than me. I heard a small squeal come from Matsuda who was fangirling over me and L.

"Matsuda, you idiot. Shut up." Aizawa said sternly.

"Sorry." I wiped away my tears.

"Let's discuss this evidence." L nodded and everyone sat down on the couches. "Soichiro Yagami, I know that you don't want to hear this, but Light is Kira. I don't have evidence to show you, but I can only tell you what I saw." He breathed heavily.

"Ok Katori."

"Light uses something called a Death Note to kill people. He writes their name in it and then the person dies of a heart attack. I know this because I witnessed it. When we went to the café he pointed out that one of the waiters was a criminal, then Light killed him. Light also has a Shinigami named Ryuk that follows him around, but only people who have touched the Death Note can see him."

"Did you see anything else?" Matsuda asked.

"Nothing to do with Kira except, except when the robber came in. He threatened a woman and then she prayed to Kira to punish this man."

"What happened after that."

"I-I. I killed him." The task force's mouths gaped at me. "I'm sorry, I could have shot him in the shoulder or something."

"No Katori. If Light is Kira the man would have died anyway." L interrupted in his deep monotone voice. He had his thumb placed on his bottom lip.

"Yeah, you're right." L suddenly stood up,

"Everyone go home."

"But, but Ryuzaki. With all this new evidence, there is work to do." Soichiro Yagami protested. L shrugged.

"Well if you insist. But I am not going to work today, instead I am going to focus on Katori. Oh, and Watari. Make sure to tell me if Light comes in the vicinity of this building."

"Yes, of course Ryuzaki."