Chapter 39 - Secrets Revealed, Ultimate Denial

Hey guys, it's really late and I'm really tired so I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit crappy. Author-chan =)

----------------------------------

"Because she's my fiancé!" His stern and deep voice boomed. The room went dead silent and I could hear my heart beat in my ears. What was he doing telling Light that, he did the thing that he told me to never do. Light's eyes narrowed.

"N-no that can't be true. (Y/N) would never love you, she only loves me. Isn't that right (Y/N)." I stood there motionless. "(Y/N), answer me." He shook my shoulders. My head hung low, I watched my blood dip to the floor. "Tell me it's not true." He pulled me into a protective hug. I wasn't sure what was happening, I was numb. "Ryuzaki, your just full of lies. See she is letting me hug her, would she let you."

"Yes actually." Light huffed in response.

"I-I'm sorry Light." I whispered and began to push him away. His grip tightened on my shoulders.

"So the ring you have, it's not your mother's, is it?" He seemed saddened.

"No, it's an engagement ring."

"But (Y/N). What do you see in him that I don't have?"

"Light it's nothing like that, it's just I will always see you as a friend, nothing more."

"Then what about you being my girlfriend. Was that all just fake, made up to prove if I was Kira or not. It was Ryuzaki's plan, I knew it!" I bit my tongue, I couldn't lie to him anymore.

"Y-yes, that is correct." He let go of my shoulders, a smirk came over his face. Why the sudden change.

"Well (Y/N), I'm happy for you." I gasped out of shock. A few minutes ago he was in complete denial, angry. But now he was saying that he was happy for me. This was so confusing. "I must say that I feel hurt because you lied to me but it was for the case." He paused, there had to be a catch. It would never be resolved this easily. "But, I'm going to prove to you that I'm more worthy than Ryuzaki. Because I love you (Y/N) and nothing can ever change that." He walked towards the lift. "I'm sure that in time we will come to see eye to eye." He walked into the lift and as the door were closing he put in one final word. "Justice." And with that the doors closed.

I sighed heavily and walked over to L. "Let's take a look at you." I lead him over to a sofa and sat him down. I bent down and traced my finger over the bruises on his face, he winced. "How's your stomach."

"Please don't worry about me." He leant over and pulled a tissue from a tissue box and brought it up to my face, wiping the blood away. "You are bleeding."

"I think I did more harm to the floor than myself." He chuckled at this. I sat down next to him. "What are we going to do about Light now?" He placed his thumb on his bottom lip.

"Well I still suspect him as Kira, even more now." He looked lovingly into my eyes. "Thanks to you this case could be solved very soon. It's such a shame that you can't remember."

"So do I. Ryuzaki, can you show me my room." He smiled and intertwined his fingers in mine. We went over to the lift and hit the top floor. "That's a long way up."

"Only the best for you." I rested my head on his shoulder which I could just reach with my forehead. The doors opened into a grand spacious floor.

"The whole floor is mine?"

"You mean ours."

"Wow, you do keep you word." I walked out into what looked like a lounge room and took a seat in front of a massive window. He stood behind the chair and slunk his arms around my neck. Bringing his face to my cheek he planted a soft kiss on it.

"Whatever happened today, we will get through it. That's a promise." His words were comforting and kind. I replayed what had just happened over and over in my head. Trying to figure out why Light had become so violent, but then so peaceful.