Chapter 21 - To Bear Arms

"Yes." A massive grin took over Light's face and Ryuk laughed wildly.

"So you will help me bring criminals to justice." I thought for a moment before replying.

"I-I'm sorry Light. I can't bring myself to kill people." I knew that I would not mind now, but the future me would hate myself if I said yes.

"I understand, as long as you are on my side nothing can stop us. If you want to help though, you could give me names and faces."

"Yes, I like that idea better."

"Would it be possible for you to get L's name?" I froze, I could never do that.

"Maybe, but very unlikely." Light nodded.

"Yes you are ri- ". The door slammed open, shattering the glass. A man holding a knife entered.

"No one moves or makes a sound. If you do, I'll kill you all." A woman burst into tears holding onto her children tightly. "SHUT UP!" He pointed the knife at the woman's neck, the children sobbed.

"Kira, save us." She clasped her hands together in prayer. He walked around the room, checking all the people out then went to the counter.

"Give me all the money." The waitress nodded quickly. "Heh, you look cute in that outfit. But unfortunately I'm not that much into cosplay." The man walked towards another table and kicked a man in the ribs who was hiding beneath it. I was about to take my gun out when he came towards me and Light. "Well, well, well. What do we have here." He traced the blunt edge of the knife around my chin. It was cold, he then twisted it slightly and blood trickled from my chin.

"Leave her alone" Light said sternly.

"I SAID NO SOUNDS! You are a pretty one aren't you. I think I'll have you." He said turning back to me. No thoughts went through my head, I was still numb, still heartless. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me up, I didn't resist. "You're a good girl, aren't you?" I had no second thoughts. Within a second I pulled out my gun and shot him, straight in the head.

"No, I'm not." I said standing over his corpse. The police arrived at the shop, I just sat down again facing Light.

"I thought you said that you would never bring yourself to kill someone."

"Shut up, this is different." I wiped the blood off with the sleeve of my sweater.

"Is it?" I opened my mouth to defend myself but nothing came out. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Ma'am we are going to have to ask you to come with us. It is illegal to carry firearms in Japan." Said a police officer, I stood up.

"I don't think you will need to. I'm working with L on the Kira case." He paused.

"I'm sorry, but that's impossible. No one has ever seen or met L. I'm afraid that I cannot take your word." I sighed and held out my wrists.

"Fine, arrest me. But when L finds out he is going to be really mad." He cuffed me and lead me out of the shop.

"(Y/N)!" Light yelled after me. I ignored him.

I was lead into an interrogation room; I was still handcuffed. The man sat me down and left. Another officer walked in and stood in front of me. I knew nothing could happen to me, L would protect me. "You killed someone."

"Self-defence." I replied.

"Why didn't you just shoot him in the leg?" I shrugged. "What's your name?"

"Why does it matter. I killed someone in self-defence, so what. If he lived Kira would have killed him anyway." The man slapped me in the face, it stung. "I feel sorry for your wife." I said looking at the ring on his finger.

"Be quiet, stupid girl." I laughed uncontrollably. "What is it now." He demanded.

"When L finds out." I laughed between breaths.

"You are insane, you know that."

"No I'm just being difficult; I know that I am protected and can practically get away with anything. By the way, my name is (F/N) (L/N), you might want to look it up in your data base."

"Don't worry, we will." The man said through gritted teeth. We glared at each other until there was a knock on the door. He walked back and opened it, still staring at me.

"Sir, you might want to read this." A woman said passing the man a file. He nodded at her then sat in front of me.

"So, let's find out about you." He placed the file on the desk and then opened it. "(F/N) (L/N)."

"Yep that's me." He looked up at me then continued reading.

"Went to Daikoku Private Academy." He trailed off, reading in his head. He flipped the piece of paper and his eyes narrowed. "I hate you so much." He whispered under his breath.

"I hate you too." I smiled. The door opened. In walked Watari wearing a big coat and hat, holding a computer open which had L on the screen. "Hello L." I said standing up. "Can you tell them to get these cuffs off me, it's causing my wrists to chafe." My voice was loud but monotone.

"Do as she says." The disguised voice said. The police officer grunted and removed my cuffs.

"I'll get you one day." I glared at him and walked over to Watari.

"L, I have some very important information regarding the Kira case."

"Very well then, come back to headquarters and we will discuss it further there." Watari closed the laptop and handed back the gun to me.

"I'll be leaving now. It was nice meeting you Mr Police man.

------------------------------

I actually really enjoyed writing this chapter. Thanks for the 259 reads! It means a lot to me to see people are reading my stories. Author-chan =)