Chapter 45 - Suicide

Hey guys. WOW 1.6K, this is so cool. My new fan fic is out, Worlds Collide (L Lawliet x Reader). Enjoy =)

-------------------------

Matsuda screwed up.

Although he actually ended up helping us, it was highly inconvenient. I watched over L who was coming up with a plan to stage Matsuda's death. I watched on the cameras as Matsuda ran into the bathroom and phoned L. L told him that he had to basically commit suicide which made Matsuda feel very uneasy. L was about to hang up the phone. "Wait, I want to speak to him." L handed me the phone. "Matsuda?"

"(Y/N)."

"Be careful, this is risky."

"Thanks (Y/N), I will." I put the phone back on its hook. L stood up in his seat and grabbed me by the hand.

"We need to go."

"Go where." Light followed behind us.

"An ambulance."

"What."

"There's no time. (Y/N), you drive." I nodded and started the ambulance that was waiting in the carpark. "Go to this address." He handed me a small piece of paper. I flipped on the sirens and sped past all the other cars. We reached the address where Aieber's body was. L was about to get out but I stopped him. I took off his helmet and turned it so it was the right way then tightened the strap under his chin.

"Better." Light and L pulled out the stretcher and returned with his body. The doors closed and I drove off sirens blaring. Aieber sat up and took the black wig off.

"I'm not pleased to be doing this myself. Matsuda, you idiot." Once we reached headquarters the others were waiting for us including Matsuda. I ran over to him and have him a big hug. I let go and smiled at him.

"Hey (Y/N)."

"Matsuda you're so lucky that you're still alive."

"W-well yeah, I guess it is." He chuckled, his hand scratching at the back of his head. I sapped him across his face. "Oww, what was that for!"

"You could've died you big moron!"

"I-I'm sorry (Y/N)." I then hugged him once more.

"But you didn't." I felt something tug at my shirt and I was pulled away from him. It was L. "Ryuzaki?!" He pulled me several meters away from Matsuda then sat down in one of the desk chairs resuming his work. I started laughing. "You're jealous aren't you."

"No."

"Mhhh, sure." I leant my head down on his shoulder. "I'm allowed friends you know."

"No you're not." But unfortunately I was the only one who heard the sarcasm in his voice.

"Ryuzaki, that's not fair." Light protested.

"He's joking-" I was cut off by L.

"Why would you care so much Light." L spun around in his chair to face him, his voice was deathly. "Is it because you still like her, you want her all for yourself. Can't you respect a woman's wishes." He was annoyed, very annoyed. He then did the last thing I thought he would ever do and pulled the set of keys from his pocket and unlocked the cuffs. "You are free of suspicion Light, as much as I hate it you are free to move around freely."

"R-Ryuzaki?!"

"I'm going to see Watari." With that he left the room. I went to run after him but was stopped by Aizawa.

"I think he needs some time." I nodded.