Taste Of Freedom

London

I  glanced over at Laney asleep in my car, making a decision to take her to my hotel room. After I  carried her in, I laid her gently on my bed, unclasped her strappy heels and replaced her dress with one of my button up shirts. I did this all without copping a glance at her body. Priceless was the moment she curled into my body, nuzzling her head into my chest.

The next morning I was having my breakfast on the ocean view balcony when I saw her start to stir. Seeing her streach lazily and give a soft moan I spoke. "Good morning sleepy head".

Laney gasped at my voice and tried to sit up, but was in a fight with the blankets as they held her down in a tangled heap.

Giving a deep chuckle I asked "Is the struggle real?"

Finally she broke free sitting up giving me a glare. "Why am I here?" She asked in a demanding tone.

"You passed out on me before I could get a address". So I just lied. I knew perfectly well where she was staying.

She nodded like that made sense. Then she gasped again and hurriedly swung the blankets up checking her body out, noticing my shirt on her. "Umm...we didn't...ummm".

I cut her off. "No Laney. Your virtue is still in tact". I laughed.

Laney heaved a sigh of relief. She fell back into a laying position, pulling the blankets over her head, while groaning "Oh, I feel like crud".

"Well that usually happens after a night of drinking. I placed a water and asprins on the bedside table". My only response was her sticking her hand out of the blanket giving me a thumbs up.

A few moment's later I watched as she poked her eyes out through a crack in the blanket staring at me. I cocked my eyebrows up at her. "Problem?"

In a blanketed muffled voice she asked"What you got?" Indicating that she was hungry and I had food.

Laughing I said "Breakfast, and there's enough for you".

Laney trudged from bed and padded over to me. She squinted like a vampire when the sunlight hit her eyes, then preceded to remove my shades from atop my head, placing them over her eyes.

After eating Laney spoke. "Well I guess you should take me back to my place. I really need a shower and change of clothes".

"There's no need. I spoke to your friend Missy while you was sleeping. She knows you're  here and I had her pack your things and had them delivered. You'll find all your toiletries in the bathroom and your clothes have been neatly hung or folded and put away".

wrinkling her brow she asked. "How did you get Missy's number and why would you do that without my permission?"

"First, I have ways to crack phone codes. Didn't take long to figure yours out. Second, I'm taking a few days off work now that I've got my land deal complete. In my line of work I rarely get the chance to have fun or take days off. I'm taking advantage of this and I want to spend time with you" Pausing to take a breath I  continued. "Right now I'm asking you to join me".

"As opposed to not joining you. Seems you've already made that decision for me. You're  making it sound as if I refuse you, you will kidnap me and hold me against my will?"

"That can be arranged as well Laney". I grinned but truly meant it.

Laney playfully tossed her linen napkin at him. "You're so full of shit London. Do you know that?"

I  laughed "and you're  a breath of fresh air babydoll".

True I really needed to get back to New York and deal with things, but what harm could it be to have a few normal days with a normal girl. No mafia dealings, no expectations, no kill or be killed. Just me and her pretending to be normal, every day people. Once this comes to an end, I'll forget about her and head home to become the king. At least I'll have these memories of freedom from mob life.