Engagements

Laney

Austin and I have been serious for almost three months now. It doesn't compare to what London and I shared, but it's okay. He's moved in with me and we are starting to build a life.

We was out on a date one evening when out of the blue Austin proposes to me. I was shocked and London immediately came to my mind. "Remember Laney, London sent you away. He's done". I told myself. It's now or never and I'm not getting any younger.

I managed to squeeze out a few tears and say yes. I can learn to love Austin, I can.

That was two weeks ago and I've convinced Austin to not share our news just yet. I wasn't ready to tell Ela especially. I know what her feelings would be on this. She detested Austin.

My phone rung while I was at the gym working on my core and I saw that it was ELa and decided to answer.
"Helll"
Automatic screaming filled my ear.
"Oh my God, Laney. I'm getting married. Conner asked me in the sweetest way"
"Congratulations Ela. I'm so happy for the both of you" and I truly was.

She filled me in on the details and told me they was having a engagement get together for those involed in the wedding. Naturally, I was asked to be maid of honor and London the best man. She continued to rattle on.
"We are all getting together two weeks from now at the beach. You have to be there since your my maid of honor. I know how you fill about London being there, but I really need my best friend there"

Reluctantly, I agreed. "Sure ELa. I wouldn't miss it for the world".

London

We all arrived in Miami together for Conner and Ela's engagement weekend party. I knew Laney would be showing up a day late due to work obligations. My skin crawled with nerves knowing thst I would be seeing her soon. However I did bring Marcela because she is apart of the mafia family and will attend the wedding.

We was all sitting in the living room when Ela squealed "Laney"s here"
Everyone rose to go greet her except I and Marcela. Conner pushed ELa away and grabbed a huge exercise ball that belonged to the rented condo. "Shhhh....I'm about to give Laney a grand entrance" Conner said with mischief. "No Conner, she'll get so pissed" ELa warned.

As Laney opened the door and had one foot in, Conner threw the huge ball as hard as he could. I heard Laney scream and alot of ruckus. The ball knocked her off balance sending her crashing into the wall. You would have thought she had been hit by a wrecking ball. To add insult to injury, she had a slushy that flew all over her. Laney laid sprawled out in the floor trying to figure out what happened while guffaws of laughter erupted from Conner, Marcus, ELa, and her three men.
"Moth-er fuck-er" Laney said with a clinched jaw.
"I'm sorry Laney. I didn't know you had a drink or that I'd thrown it that hard" Conner said through laughter.
Standing up to her full short ass height she replied in a malicious tone. "Don't go to sleep while I'm here, because you want wake up. That's a promise. I've got to shower now while your ass can get my luggage".

Laney never saw me, but I got a tiny glimpse of her as she skirted down the hall to clean up. I was honest to Marcela about Laney but didn't say anything about the kidnapping or killings. That was between Laney and I.

A hour later I headed to the kitchen for a snack but stopped short when I heard Laney and Ela speaking. Of course I listened in.
"Okay ELa let's see that ring"
ELa flaunted her hand and Laney grasped it with a gasp "oh ELa it's beautiful"
Ela caught sight of Laney's engagement ring. "Hold up a minute Laney. Let me see your hand"
Laney tucked her hand behind her back.
"Laney Valor show me your hand this instant"
"Fine ELa, but no screaming. I'm trying to keep this low key. Okay?" Laney held her hand out
"I'm confused Laney. Your engaged?"
"Yes"
"Why haven't you told me"
"Because like I said it's low key. Plus I didn't want to steal your thunder. It's your turn to be happy. I promise I was going to tell you".
"Who is it?"
"Ummm" Laney hummed
"Spill Laney"
"Okay, okay. But promise you'll keep your thoughts to yourself and just be happy for me"
"I can do that"
"Okay, it's Austin"
"What the fuuu.....congratulations Laney"
"Thank you Ela"
"Now explain this to me"
Laney gave her a short version of how they met back up and all. Then she showed her a picture that was on her phone.
"That's the nursery I'm having built once I get back home."
Ela spit her drink out
"Omg. Your pregnant?"
Laney laughed "no silly, but I stopped birth control two weeks ago and we plan to start trying after the honeymoon".
"When are you getting married?"
"In 4 months. Is very simple and small. What we wanted".
"I can't believe you haven't told me anything"
"I'm sorry ELa."

Hearing enough, I walked away. My mind was spinning. I decided to go for a jog to run my rage off. Of all people Austin? He was a major douche and didn't even come with her here. Laney should no better. Honestly, what bothered me the most was her planning on having another man's child. It was hard to digest.

Once I finished my run, I showered and went to join everyone in the kitchen to eat dinner. We had to face each other sooner or later. I grabbed Marcela from our room and headed down.

I sat on the opposite side as Laney. Looking over to her I said hello then introduced her to Marcela. Laney extended her hand and made polite conversation. She seemed cool as a cucumber, showed no signs of resentment or jealousy toward Marcela.

Marcelo on the other hand was being a tad snide. Probably because of our past, plus Laney was gorgeous.

Afterwards, everyone helped clean up and Conner took off to shower. Twenty minutes later we heard a horrible wail coming from the bathroom. Laney busted into laughter and said "that's my cue"
Ela looked at Laney. "What did you do?"
Through laughter Laney said
"Let's just say I spiced up his sex life".
"Lannnneyyyyy" we heard Conner yell as the bathroom door flung open.
"I'm out" Laney said sailing out the door.
Conner came wobbling in only with a towel wrapped around him, holding his crotch painfully. "Where's she at and give me my gun"
"What happened?" We all asked
"That monster filled my boxers up with muscle ache cream. I'm on fucking fire. Ela ice now".
We all laughed as Ela got ice and helped Conner wobble to bed.

It was well after midnight before Laney returned. Ela looked at Laney and laughed. "You know your dead right?"
Laney snickered. "He'll be alright".

The next morning I sat on the deck enjoying the peaceful view when Laney came out the side door sporting one of her bikinis. I watched as she headed for the water and enjoyed the view even more.

Eventually Conner walked out still a tad sore. His eye's zeroed in on Laney. He yelled for Marcus.
Once Marcus appeared Conner simply said "come with me. I'm going to need your help".

Looking at Conner I said "take it easy on her"
"Oh I plan too"
Conner and Marcus walked toward Laney. She never saw it coming as she was relaxed soaking in the sun. They swooped on her like vultures. Conner grabbed her by the arms while Marcus grabbed her legs. Laney was squealing as they toted her toward the ocean. They went about knee deep and started swinging her like a jump rope, except not a complete circle. Once they had her going pretty high they let go, sailing her body high into the air crashing into the waves.

Conner and Marcus jetted before she crawled out of the water. Flicking them off she settled back down on her towel.

I watched her for a bit longer. Every time she got in the water to cool off some douche bag would wonder over trying to run game on her, but Laney being Laney would send them scampering away.

Finally I went inside to check on Marcela and grab lunch. Laney came prancing in still in her bikini. I'm not going to lie, my dick had been on hard all morning. As I got up to put my dish in the sink, Laney accidentally backed into me. We both froze as our skin collided. Laney moved away and looked up at me. Our eye's held each other for a moment. You could feel the air grow thick as the room seemed to get smaller. Damn, she just licked her dry lips. My pulse was sky rocketing. Then I remembered her engagement. I slowly glanced down to her hand then back to her. She knew that I knew.

Laney back away a few inches and out of habit I stepped forward a few inches. Bending down to her ear I whispered "Congratulations babydoll"

I let my mouth linger at her ear soaking in her scent. I saw her hand inch towards my chest to push me back. "London" she barely whispered. Hearing her say my name sent electric currents through my veins. Yes I'm getting ready to claim her right here and let her know I still own her. Just as my mouth neared her neck to make my mark Conner rounded the cornor.
"Whoa" he said smiling.
Laney darted off as I cussed him in my head.