New Life

Two in the morning and I was sitting in the middle of my bed at my newly purchased beach house. I did this every night, sit in the middle of the bed, breaking out in sweat, jumping at every shadow and sound. My gun my constant companion. Even with a state of the art security system and three killers sleeping under my roof I couldn't sleep. When I slept that's when Angelo would come. I was still his prisoner in my dreams. I would envision him standing over my chained body laughing, or he'd killed London. Other nights I would see his brains splattered over the wall and me dripping with blood or the scent of Alecks charred body would seem to be in the air. I couldn't come to terms with the fact that I had actually killed another human being. True, it was him or London and I was his captive and I did it for survival, but murder is murder. That image haunts me at every turn. Sometimes I dream that London is chasing me but once he catches me, he doesn't kill me. Instead London squeezes me tight, assures me that I'm safe and showers me on his love.

How I miss him, especially duiring the night. I'm tired of being scared and running. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I just showed up at the home we shared together. Would he kill me? Could he love me again, if he ever did. The hurt in his eyes when I kissed Angelo and devoted my alliance and love to him sickened me. I never wanted to hurt London. I just wanted my freedom and London safe. It was the only way to ensure both. I hated fearing London. I hadn't feared him in a long time, but there's this tiny part of my heart that still trusts him, that everything Angelo spewed about him is rubbish. At times I want to call him, just to see for myself. But the fact remains, he did lie to me. He continued to meet with Emily Michaels after he said he wouldn't. He chose her on my night. What does that tell me.

Ughhhh.....I hate all these mixed emotions. Scooting out of bed, i grabbed my gun and trotted to the kitchen for a stiff drink. That stiff drink turned into a bottle. My emotions got the best of me and I did something terribly stupid. It was four in the morning and I drunk dialed London. "Hello" he answered to awake for this time of the morning. "Fuck you" I slurred. "Laney, where are you" I could hear the urgency in his tone. "How could you London, on my night drop me so you could go out with, with that bitch". London sat up confused. Out of everything that's happened she wants to argue about that. "Laney listen to me. Your in danger. I need to know where your at so I can help you, please". Laney snorted "what so you can finish me off. No fucking thanks London"
"Laney I'm worried about you. How are you holding up. I can tell your drunk" Laney started to sob and spoke  in a broken voice. "I'm scared, I killed someone and can't stop seeing it. I can't sleep because he waits for me there so he can chain me back up". London's heart hurt for her. "Babydoll please let me help you. I promise no one will ever harm you again. I can love your pain away. Let me Laney". Laney sobbed and then her mood changed in her drunken stooper. "Fuck you London, you left me alone. You pushed me down that night for another women. You want to kill me".
"None of that's true babydoll. You've got to trust me."
"Bye London".
"No Laney, please listen". But the line disconnected.

The next morning Laney woke on the floor of the bathroom. She didn't even recall speaking with London. After breakfast she needed to call Ela with the arrangements. She took a seat out on the shore and dialed Ela.

Everyone froze when Ela's phone sounded. London quickly spoke. "Remember, your gone from here, act normal and no clues". Ela nodded as London hit the speaker option. "Hello" Ela answered. "Ela, it's me. Have you been able to leave?"
"Y yea, I have. I'm staying at a hotel in New Jersey". Ela looked at the men to see if her reply was acceptable. London nodded and encouraged her to keep the conversation going. "Can you tell me what the next steps are Laney? "
"You sure you haven't been followed or tracked?"
"Absolutely"
"Okay, I'm in Mexico. I've bought me a nice ocean front spot in Cancun. I'll wire you a ticket and some cash as soon as you give me the address to the hotel". London quickly jotted down a random Jersey hotel for Ela to repeat to Laney. Soon as the girls disconnected, London was packing a bag and making flight arrangements on his private jet. "Get ready Conner, also get Ela packed. We can't leave her behind in case she tries to reach out to Laney. Also get the men ready. I don't know what we may be up against down there.". London made a few phone calls and was on his jet within the hour.

While on the plane he thought over and over in his head what he would say to her. He'd packed her favorite robe and pillow. She hated sleeping without that pillow. He'd faced down grown, murderous men on a daily basis, but he was actually nervous about confronting Laney. What if she didn't want him anymore. Could he allow her to walk away. Regardless, either way he would protect her from Marc, Angelo's brother. He wouldn't allow her to walk away until she was safe.

Another obstacle was the three men that was protecting her. If he killed them, it would only shatter her trust farther. London had to come up with a solution on how to handle them without any deaths. Naturally, if they opened fire he would have to shoot back. There had to be a better way.