Goodbye

London

Smelling coffee in the air, I lifted my heavy head up from my pillow. Smiling, thinking Laney must have a head start on breakfast, I headed into the kitchen.

Spotting my busted up coffee table I stopped "The fuck" I said confused. At the sound of my voice Conner emerged from the kitchen.

"I bet you fill like a train wreck this morning, huh?"

Still looking at my broken table I asked. " what happened here? And why are you here?"

Conner gave me a slacked jaw look. "You really don't remember what happened last night?"

Taking a few moments to think, I shook my head no. "Other than that fucker trying to move in on Laney and me choking the fuck out of him. I remember sending Laney home and that's it".

I glanced at the lounge where Laney sleeps and saw it empty and turned at a odd angle. My insides started to twist. "Where the fuck is she?"

"Calm down man" Conner crooned.

"Fuck calming down. Please tell me I didn't lose my shit on her".

Conner sighed. "Hate to say it London, but yea you big time lost your shit on her. Like truck loads of shit. You stayed out drinking last night and came home to start a war".

"Where is she?"

"Relax. She's at my place".

"I didn't hurt her did I?"

Conner sucked on his teeth. "I'm not exactly sure. She was pretty shaken when we got here".

London took a look around his home and noticed a broken lamp, his office door busted, and everything that belonged on his desk smashed to pieces.

"What happened here?"

"I spoke to Ela earlier. You want the G rated version or the hardcore, not made for children's viewing version?"

Losing patients, I gritted out. "Cut the shit and just give it to me".
"Well we all get a message from Laney. All it said was help. We got here and found you in the office with Laney, well let's say with her bare ass in the air and you um..well..umm".

London shook his head "I wouldn't have done that"

"Rest assured, you didn't get the chance. Ela said Laney went on about you making her put the dress back on, wanting her to dance for you. Basically telling her she was no better than a stripper. Calling her all type of whores".

I held my hand up signaling that I didn't want to hear anymore. "How the fuck am I going to fix this shit".

Laney's too good for me. No one is worthy enough for her. I've got to handle Marc so Laney can get away from here, away from me. Have the life she deserves.

"Get the men together. We take Marc out tonight".

Conner looked stunned. "Wait, what?"

"Do as I said". I bit out. "The sooner he's dealt with, the sooner Laney can return to her life".

"What are you saying?"

"You know exactly what I'm saying Conner"

Conner blew out a irritated breath. "You do know she loves you. For weeks that's all Ela and I have heard. Her not understanding why you keep pushing her away. Don't fuck this up".

Turning my anger to Conner I growled out. "Do as I say. Gather the men. This is what's best for Laney".

Hearing the door close behind Conner's departure, I sunk down to the floor staring at the mess I left in my wake.