Chapter - 9 The Wedding

"I am feeling nervous Riya", I told this for the forty-seventh time. Riya stood up from her seat, "oh god you're saying this from the morning, please give me a break pumpkin or I don't know what I will do", she spat.

"Sorry", I gave an apologetic smile.

"Pumpkin don't be afraid marriage is not like a horror movie OK", she said to me, but I'm still nervous my mom and Riya's mom where busy preparing for tomorrow's marriage and I didn't see my dad from the morning I think that he's busier.

As the time is moving fast I was thinking that what Vikram is doing now whether he is here or in Chennai and I want to call him but I thought he may be busy so I don't want to disturb him.

Then at 9.00 pm, my mom wanted me to sleep because I have to get up at 4.00am. So I went to my room and laid on my bed but my mind didn't respond to me I just stared the dark room and thought I am gonna miss my parents, my room and everything and slept by thinking all this.

I got up when my mom woke me up. Then I immediately rushed to the bathroom and finished all my morning chores then Riya came to my room to take bath in that gap I changed into my wedding saree then Riya came out and put her dress.

Then she did my makeup this time she did quick then she did for herself and I started to wear my jewels and now we're ready, then we both went to the living room I noticed the time it's 5.30am and the wedding is at 6.00am in the temple.

Then I bought everyone's blessings and they are all happy for me. After that, we all went to the temple.

When I get down from the car Rajesh uncle family were all standing before the temple and my eyes searched for Vikram he was standing and looking at me, he was so handsome in the traditional South India dress I can't take my eyes off him. Then we all entered the temple.

Vikram and I were standing before the god statue I prayed God to bless me. Then it's time, Vikram tied the knot everything was blank in my head and finally I am Mrs. Vikram.

Then the wedding function is over there are several guests attend the wedding Nithya and Shana also came and congratulated me, everyone blessed us and then we all went to Vikram's house.

It's the first time I am going there it was a very big house and have a very big garden in the front with so many flowering plants, trees, and a small fountain. I and Vikram went into the house after some traditional customs did by Lakshmi aunty.

Everyone was busy talking until now Vikram didn't talk to me, he was busy talking with my Father.

When I was solely sitting Riya came near me and said "all the best".

I blinked and asked, "for what?".

"Hey, today is your wedding night".

"Ohhh......", I said in a sarcastic sound and beat her on the shoulder.

When we are busy in talking my mom came near us,
"we're leaving dear and take care", she said suddenly with a big smile on her face.

"But mom please stay with me", I said.

She smiled and said, "rithu you're married now we can't stay with you, dear".

This words made me realize that I am going to miss my parents and I can't be with them hereafter, I never been away from my parents and this the first time they're saying like this and I felt like crying, so I cried like a little girl who didn't want to leave her parents while going to school. Then everyone confronted me but I can't help, I cried.

Then I suddenly noticed that Vikram was sitting there and watching me, then I hugged my mom to hide my embarrassment. Then Riya and her mom hugged me and my dad smiled and said his goodbyes.

Before leaving the house my mom pulled me to an isolated place.

"don't say no to your husband and do what he wants", she said shyly.
I don't know why my mom saying this after they all left then only I realized it and my heart started to beat faster.

Then Lakshmi aunty asked me to change my dress and she also said to me to wear some comfortable clothes. Then I went upstairs there were many rooms but I thought the room near the balcony must be Vikram's room, so I slowly opened the door and saw Vikram doing something in his laptop when he noticed me,

"Do you want something?", He asked.

"I have to change my dress", I said . oh my god it's so embarrassing.

He said nothing and went out.

I locked the door and Then I opened my huge bag and I was confused about what to wear because it's already 9.30pm anyway I gonna sleep so I pulled my baggy pants and shirt out.

I slowly removed my jewels and cleared my hairstyle and then removed my saree and blouse. I ware my clothes, then I went to the washroom to wash my face and removed all my makeup.

I came out and put sindoor on my forehead. I opened the door and saw Vikram was standing in the balcony, so I went down to see aunty and I noticed no one is there uncle was sleeping in his room I know he was so tired. Then aunty smiled and gave me a glass of milk to drink.
Then she started something to say but she hesitated and asked me to sleep with a smiling face.

I went upstairs Vikram was not there in the balcony so I went near his room, my heart started to beat loudly and I became more nervous.

Then I took a deep breath and touched the door handle but all of a sudden a hand from behind unlocked the door, then immediately I turned over and saw it was Vikram he is so close to me, my eyes widened in shock and I backed off, but I slipped. When I was about to fall Vikram's strong hand pulled me by encircling his one hand in my waist, and I eventually pulled his shirt and made him so close to me.

It was the first time in my life, a guy touched me, I was looking at him and he was looking at me my heart was beating, even more, louder than before and I can feel his touch because my shirt was not that thick,
Then I gulped my saliva and crashed the mood, Vikram realized and released me from his strong embrace.

"Be careful", he said in his robotic tone.

"Sorry," I said, I should rather die than this shitty embarrassment I thought.

"It's ok", he said and went into the room and I followed him.

I closed the door and turned over to see him oh my god he is taking off his shirt without an embarrassment. But why he's is taking off his shirt I thought and blinked........