Chapter- 19 Lets be friends

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.

Rithu's P.O.V.

I don't know what Vikram did to me, my heart was beating like it's going to explode. I was wondering whether Vikram started to like me?

What is the meaning of that kiss?

If he continued doing that what would have happened! oh, my god.

But after all, I stopped him right I thought and calmed down.

I stumbled on the floor leaning my back in the door, my sleep was all gone now. Replaying the scene in my mind that happened before gave goosebumps all over my body.

A complete silence I can clearly hear only my heartbeat I have never experienced this kind of intimacy in my entire life. I sighed and blushed.

I slowly turned to the door side, should I open the door I asked but I can't. Then I went straight to my bed and laid facing the ceiling my heart was little calmed and to check the time I took my phone it was past 11.00 pm and the rain was still pouring. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

Next morning I came outside after taking bath wrapping my hair in a towel and I was hell nervous to face Vikram. But keeping my embarrassment aside I went to the kitchen to prepare coffee. I don't want to face him but how long I can do that so I went to Vikram's room to give the coffee but he was not there. I placed the coffee on the table and felt that I am escaped. When I turned in an excitement Vikram was standing before me, he was sweating it is evident that he came back after jogging.

"Coffee is there," I said and stepped immediately to leave since I am so embarrassed. While crossing him he grabbed my hand and I looked at him with a shock.

"Wait I want to talk with you," he said. I gave him a questioning look.

"Evening we are going out so be ready," he informed.

"What? Where?" I asked and pulled my hand from him.

"Don't ask anything and come with me okay," he ordered and went inside and started to drink the coffee.

I then came to the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast, I again reminisced about yesterday night and why he did that to me then I cleared my thoughts again I thought where he's going to take me. Oh, Vikram you are turning me insane.

It was 5.30 in the evening, today Vikram was working on his laptop, watching TV ( business news ), and busy in avoiding me. Then Vikram asked me to get ready so I dressed in some comfortable clothes and Vikram as usual blown my mind with his handsome looks and dressed casually that no one can say that he was 31 he looked like a 25-year-old guy.

He gazed me up and down and by giving a smirk he went out. God, he's killing me if he continues doing this kind of thing then I going to admit myself in the hospital for a hyper heart beat a rare type of heart disease that occurs only when I see Vikram. Then I calmed myself and went to drink some water.

When I came out Vikram was talking with Priya when she saw me she came towards me. I kneeled down before her.

"Rithu aunty where are you going," she asked cutely.

"I don't know dear uncle didn't say where we're going," I said and Vikram was looking us with a smile.

"Okay aunty bye," she waved her hand.

"Bye, cutie," I said and kissed her on the cheeks.

Vikram already headed then I stood up and we went to the elevator. After reaching the parking lot Vikram entered the car and started and I sat in the passenger seat silently.

I opened the window a chill breeze hit my face and I smiled out of refreshment then Vikram turned on the music player and I enjoyed the ride by listening to it. Throughout the ride, Vikram focus is only on the road. How can he be silent after doing that to me yesterday, he is really something unexplainable.

Its a long drive of about forty-five minutes and then we came, it was the beach. We walked closer to the ocean and I was really excited to place my foot on the cold water. My long time wish to see the sunset near the ocean has come true today, it was an excellent view I smiled and turned to see Vikram and he was watching me with a small smile.

Then we walked along the seashore a chill water was stroking my legs and I loved that, there were only a few people on the beach.

While walking a huge wave hit us made me lose my balance but thankfully Vikram pulled me closer by grabbing my hand and I thought he would leave my fist but he didn't and gripped the hold even tighter like he doesn't want to let go my hand and I did the same.

His warm big hand that I wanted to hold for a long time has happened now. I don't want to leave him even for a second and his presence beside me, god I can't even explain this in words. I want this world to stop at this moment.

We sat in the sand facing the ocean and the sunset, it was a pleasant view and Vikram beside me making my heart to flutter. He remained calm like being with me didn't affect him in any way but I am going crazy for him. His irresistible ambiance just awakening my sleeping emotions. Totally he is turning me restless when I am with him.

"Do you like this?" he asked me.

"Yes I love this place it's so refreshing," I said smilingly.

"We will come here often okay," he assured.

"Ok," I nodded. Then there is awkward silence then Vikram started to speak.

"Yesterday I crossed the limit," he opened the topic that took away my sleep yesterday.

But before I could say anything he continued "I am not going to apologize for that, I did that knowing what I did so I know it's not a mistake," he said looking at the ocean.

I don't know what to say because Vikram was talking about his feelings with me and it's really not normal.

"Can I ask you a favor," I turned to him.

"Hmm," he nodded and looked at me.

"Can you talk with me normally like this, what I am saying is that don't consider me as your wife better think me as your friend, talk with me as a friend by that way we can clear this awkwardness and be a comfort for one another," I confessed this finally.

"He was silent for few minutes, wait here I will come," he said and went. And I felt disappointed and thought he has rejected my offer as being a friend.

When I was in my thoughts Vikram came and sat beside me and lifted his hand it was an ice cream and I smiled. bought that in my hand.

"This was my treat to my new friend," Vikram said and handed the ice cream to me.

I bought that in my hand and said thanks for accepting me as his friend.

"Friends don't say thanks, sorry and all so don't say that hereafter," he said with a wide smile.

It's really strange, really! My throbbing heart acquainted that I fell in love with Vikram.

Yes, it is love. My precious first love.

This day is one of the best days of my life, I fell in love with someone in my twenty-three years of my existence and also he's my husband how lucky I am. If the ice cream was not there in my hand I would have hugged him.

I enjoyed my ice cream and it has become dark so we decided to leave.

When we reached the car Vikram opened the door for me after all he's a gentleman right. Then he sat in the driver's seat and drove to the house.

Vikram turned on the music player to avoid the silence I smiled at him and he smiled back at me like a miracle. I love this mesmerizing smile that making my heart flutter and saying me that he was there for me and I don't want anything else than this. I want Vikram to smile often because he's damn good when he smiles. But what got into suddenly, did he started to like me? But I can't ask that directly to him.

It was just three months I started to love Vikram there is not only a single reason for that but wholely I love him. In this life, my first and last love is going to be Vikram and I am going to show that love in every second of my life with him.