Chapter-23 My Past

Rithu's POV

My eyes widened in shock and surprise I don't know what to do grandma welcomed them in an excitement, he and Raghav came inside and greeted my grandma. I and Riya were standing awkwardly and I am embarrassed because of my costume and my hair.

I noticed Riya was nervous and she was glancing at Raghav, I, on the other hand, noticing Vikram I thought why he is here at this time whether he is going tell about what I did or he's going to scold me here.

Then grandma looked at me and asked me to bring some refreshments then I turned to bring them.

"Rithu I don't want anything, just water is enough", he said and I didn't look at him and went into the kitchen and Riya went into my room.

I tied my hair in a bun and went to the living room and gave the glass of water to Vikram and Raghav. Vikram looked at me but I can't face him so I turned my gaze towards grandma.

"Is anything important son?", Grandma asked him because he was here at this time and I am also having the same question in my mind.

"I came here to see Rithu, mom told me that she was having a fever I can't come yesterday so I came today", he said.

What? he's leaving all his work to come here for just a fever I had, no I can't believe this, I thought and looked him in a surprise.

Then Vikram looked at me, "grandma I am taking Rithu with me for a minute will you excuse us", he said and his face is somewhat serious.

I gulped my saliva and thought what Vikram is going to do, he stood up and grabbed my hand and I saw my grandma, she smiled at me.

We went to the terrace it was so cold. We were silent for few minutes Vikram locked his gaze on me,

"Are you ok now Rithu", he asked me with a concerned tone.

"Yes, I am ok but why you're here it's just a normal fever", I said.

"I am not here just only for that, I came here to apologize for what I said", he said.

I was surprised why he has to apologize, what I did was wrong so he showed his anger there is nothing wrong in that.

"No don't apologize it's not a mistake, actually what I did was wrong", I said.

"No Rithu it's me who did the mistake of hiding my past", he said.

"Past?", I asked.

"Yeah it was my past and I have to say this to you", he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows in a confusion, then Vikram continued.

"The photo you have seen in my cupboard it was me, I was 7 years at that time. And the couple who are next to me was my real parents", he said and I can't believe what he's saying. but from his expression, I can understand he's telling the truth.

"Yes they were my real parents I lost my dad in an accident he worked for Rajesh dad after my father's death my mom left me and married someone but there is a mystery in my dad's death so they investigated and found that my mom had an affair and she wanted a divorce but my dad didn't give that for her because of me so she did that terrible thing to my dad with her lover", he said without showing any emotions in his face. If I were him I would have cried while saying this, but he didn't.

I was shocked and closed my mouth with my hand, I only heard these stories in news but I can't imagine that it happened in his life. Then he continued...

"I was left in the streets there is no one there to help me my mom committed suicide when they arrested her. At that young age, people pointed me and my relatives insulted me that I am a son a slut, for a year I was in my relatives home they abused me so I ran away from them. At last, dad found me and brought me to this house I asked them for a work but... they're like God they adopted me as their son and also Lakshmi ma can't have a child because of her health. They gave me everything but I can't accept them wholeheartedly at that time because I was intelligent and I can understand the things around me, and I considered myself as a worthless fellow. Raghav parents also treated me as their son and Raghav he was the best brother. We did our schooling together and he always there by my side", Vikram said in a strong tone yet I can understand he is deeply hurt by what happened to him.

My eyes welled with tears seeing him but his voice was firm and sounded bold, I went near him and hugged him tightly at first he didn't hug me back then he slowly hugged me.

I pulled away from his hug and looked at him then he said,

"In my childhood, there are several things that made me feel like I was not worth for living. For several years I can't socialize with people around me due to the trauma but my dad and mom helped me a lot they shifted my life differently they asked me to study in abroad so that I can change myself but I can't forget the incident that happened before, but I never showed that to them and I decided to make them happy and by that way I can repay them".

"When I turned 28 my mom keeps on asking me to marry someone but I decided not to marry anyone then one day she scolded me a lot and asked me to get married so I decided to marry the girl my mom wants me to marry".

"And that photo why I am having that is because that's the only picture I am having", he said.

"I have not hidden the truth purposely. I thought what you will do when I say about me. I felt you would leave because I am not Vikram Rajesh I am just Vikram", he said.

What you're talking Vikram how can I leave you because I am loving you more than I love myself, I thought.

"How can I leave you, even if you say this before marriage I would have married you, we married for our parents but now....... I can't leave you so leave those stupid thoughts", I said.

Vikram looked at me then pulled me closer and hugged me tightly and I didn't expect this from him.

"Thanks Rithu for understanding me and for everything you did for me", he said.

"Friends don't say thanks", I said pulling out from the hug.

He smiled at me and asked me to never tell about this to anyone because he doesn't want his parents to think that he was still thinking about his past.

I asked whether my parents know about this he said that they know about everything, I know that this is not a big issue because my parents are more mature and they don't think this as a reason to miss a son in law like Vikram, I thought.

We sat on the bench for some time, "In future if you want to know anything about me you can ask me", he said.

Then Riya came up and asked me to come down, so we went down. And I noticed grandma was preparing dinner and Raghav sitting on the couch and watching TV. Vikram and I went into my room he looked around and sat in my bed and I was nervous and happy.

"When did you come here", I asked.

"I came here at 7.00pm then I asked Raghav to drop me at your house", he said.

"I decided to apologize to you when you come to Chennai but after hearing that you're having a fever I can't stay there so I came here to see you", he said.

Oh Vikram you're melting my heart with words why you're so sweet, I thought.

Then Raghav and Vikram had dinner in our house and I noticed that Raghav and Riya were glancing at each other I thought something is going on between them.

After sometime Vikram said that he's leaving but I don't want him to leave, grandma told him to stay here but he insisted on going and assure that he will stay here next time.

Vikram waved me goodbye after getting on on the bike and Raghav said bye and smirked at Riya and she started to blush god what is happening here. Then he started the bike and left.

I came to my room and laid on my bed and thought that Vikram has suffered a lot and that made him strong at a young age. I was happy that he opened his heart, he shared his feelings and emotions with me.

I think he started to like you, my subconscious said.

Yeah it would be nice if he started to like me but I don't know about his feelings for me, I replied to that.

I love you Vikram I said slowly and giggled to myself and I have to say this to him when the right time comes.