lost pup 18

Chapter 18

As we stepped back into the pack house I could see that some of my pack members were on edge as I scoped the area with my eyes trying to figure out why the answer came to me.

Due to all that had happened I had failed to tell my pack members of what was happening they had expected a treaty between packs not a near war with one.

I saw Mick amongst some of the women and elderly and called for him.

“Mick did anything happen while I was talking to the other alpha” I asked concerned.

“No alpha everything was fine here but many are confused at what happened and aren’t sure about the new arrivals” I sighed already wanting the day to finish but I new that I had already wasted enough time in telling my pack of what had happened.

“Okay Mick this is what I want you to do spread the word to the entire pack that there will be a pack meeting tonight after dinner, until then tell them to be courteous to the new faces they see around the pack house and that all their questions will be answered tonight”.

Mick started to move towards a few pack members but before he could leave I said "and mike after you have done that come to my office we have important issues we need to discuss”. Mick bowed his head and replied with a simple “yes alpha”.

I was too tired to use the pack link but had to call Drew through it he had gone to coordinate the warriors.

“Drew”

“Yes alpha”

“After you’re done with the warriors come to my office we need to talk” I said simply getting to the point straight away it wasn’t a time to play games.

“Okay alpha I’ll be there in 15 minutes”

Cutting the link I headed towards the kitchen surprisingly I wasn’t stopped by my pack members but they could probably already feel the fatigue and tiredness I was so desperately trying to hide.

I decided to make a few sandwiches and drinks for me Drew and Mike I knew that I was not the only one who was tired from this long day and we still had work to do.

I decided to not take anything else because I already had a kettle and fridge in my office that contained snacks and warm drinks.

I put the sandwiches and drinks on the table and went to the bathroom to freshen up and change into something more comfortable. Which to me are a tank top and some trousers with fluffy slipper socks which I thought were quite cute.  

Barely a minute had gone past and Mick followed by Drew entered my office and sat down in the chairs opposite my desk. I pointed out the sandwiches and drinks and with a quick dig in we were eating in comfortable silence.