•30• Chapter

"I hate school." I groaned and pushed my books to the end of my table.

"This will be over soon, SeonMi." JangMi said with her eyes on her book. "Just 20 minutes more."

I looked at the clock. "No, 40 minutes left." I said sighing and taking back the book.

I opened it and started to read China Rich Girlfriend because I already finished my homework.

I didn't realise that it was the end of book reading lesson so I closed the book and stood up along with my other classmates to bow goodbye to our teacher.

"Why can't we just sleep in our free period?" I said and put my book in my bag.

"Because, the teachers said it's a time for us to catch up with school work."

"We both know this stuff. I say, it's the time to catch up sleep."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Well... I say it's a good idea. You liked that book didn't you?"

"I say school is boring but yeah, I did like it." I said honestly. I thought the book was funny. "Whatever, I'm just happy it's Friday." I said and head to our lockers at the back of the class. I unlocked it.

"Did you get the drinks yet?" JangMi asked unlocking her locker. She put some of her books inside.

"No, I'm going back home and I'll buy some on the way." I said putting the last of my books that I didn't need before closing it back again.

"Ok, let's go to the mall together to meet Si-ah and Nara." She said locking her lock. I nodded and went to my seat to get my bag.

"Let's go." I said adjusting my bag on my back. JangMi took her bag and put it around her right shoulder.

"See you guys in a bit." I waved along with JangMi to the boys and they waved back to us. We walked out of the door. "I wish Si-ah and Nara unnie were in the same school as us."

"Yea." JangMi agreed as we left the school building. We walked to our homes, we passed my house first so I waved JangMi goodbye and opened the door to my halmoeni's house.

"Eomma, halmeoni I'm home." I said when I stepped foot into my house.

"Ahh, my little sunshine is back." Halmeoni said coming out of the kitchen. She pinched my cheeks and I pouted. "You're so cute."

I giggled and looked around the house. Eomma was not seen at all. "Halmeoni, where is eomma?" I asked putting my bag down on the floor.

"She said she wanted to help out at the bakery." She said moving backwards. "What do you want to eat?" She asked when she reached the kitchen door.

"Nothing, I'm going to sleepover at my friend's today, remember?"

"But you still need to eat darling." She said. "I'll make you some ramen."

I thought it was a good idea because it was just 4:30 and if I didn't eat now I would feel hungry later and eat more chips and candies than I should.

"Ok." I said and went to my room. I opened the door and closed it back after I entered. I laid on my bed for a while.

I went to the bathroom and removed my uniform to take a 10 minutes shower because I thought I might not get to take a shower tomorrow.

I got out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and a towel wrapped around my head.

I wore white shorts and a pink tank top while letting my hair air dry. I didn't bother drying it with a dryer, I was too lazy.

I took out my black and pink bag from my dresser. I put my grey yoga pants and a black oversized tee as my pyjamas and also a hair brush.

I also packed a black romper with sunflowers all over it to wear the day after the sleepover. I went to the bathroom to get my tooth brush and toothpaste to put in my bag.

After I finished packing my bag, I took it with me and went out of my bedroom. The the aromatic smell of ramen filled my nostrils.

My halmoeni made one of the best ramen, she should've opened a noodle shop instead of a bakery.

"Aigoo, my granddaughter looks so pretty." She chimed and patted the chair of the dining table for me.

I took the seat putting the bag beside me and started to dig in. It was as yummy as it looked.

After I was done with my food, I went to the kitchen to wash the bowl. Halmeoni insisted on washing it but I didn't let her. She was getting old and she needed rest.

I checked the time, it was 5:47pm. I decided to leave and walk to the mall slowly. I took my bag and put it over my shoulders.

"Halmeoni, I'll leave now. I'll call eomma when I'm there." I said smiling as I put on my converse.

"Alright, be careful and stay with your friends." She said.

"I will." And with that I opened the door and walked out of the house remembering to close the door afterwards.

The wind was nice and breezy. It felt great of my face and my hair was almost dry. It created beautiful beach waves.

I arrived at the mall and bought some bottle of soft drinks from a small grocery shop in the mall.

I finished buying them at 6:00 sharp so I started to look around for Si-ah unnie, JangMi or Nara unnie.

I didn't realise but I hit something, or someone. I apologised immediately bowing my head and not looking at the person's face.

"Scarlett?" The voice said, particularly a man. How did he know my English name? I looked up at the person I bumped into.

"Jay?" What was JangMi's brother doing here?

-