•65• Chapter

Dedicated to:
olciaadamczyk
I should've done this earlier but now I used my brain and finally did it. 😅 Anyways, thank you so much for voting from the start and also commenting. You really encouraged me to write this book.

"Yea, it's me." Jungkook said whist setting his suitcase next to the door. I looked around the house that looked a lot like a hotel room. Everything looked untouched.

I saw a women combing her jet black hair while walking down the flock of stairs. "Why are you so-" Ajhumma cut herself when she saw me. "Jungkook, you didn't tell me you were bringing a friend."

"Annyeonghaseo." I bowed to the older women.

You don't recognise me?

Jungkook eyed me and I finally remembered we were holding hands. I tried to let go but he just wouldn't let go of my hand.

"Let go." I whispered softly as I pulled my hand harder but he just had to be strong. Great.

"Eomma I need to talk to you." Jungkook said and ajhumma looked surprised which I didn't know why.

"You got a girlfriend?" She asked and I immediately opened my mouth to object that idea but Jungkook spoke before I could.

"No." He said. "I just really like her." I looked up to find his eyes but he was paying full attention to his mother which I was glad he did. I couldn't meet his eye at the time.

Ajhumma dropped the comb from her hair and walked down the stairs. Jungkook sneezed loudly causing both ajhumma and I to jump. "Aigoo, you have a cold. Why are you home so late anyway?"

"None of your-" He started as I looked up to shoot him a glare but before I could, he understood what he was about to say. "I had a project."

I elbowed him lightly for lying. "Ok, ok, I was waiting for her." He told her honestly except for the part where I didn't let him outside the house and of course the divorce part. "Can we talk?"

"Sure but." She dragged eyeing me. I hit Jungkook's arm to make him let go of my hand but to avail. I decided to pinch him which successfully made him let go. I heard ajhumma chuckle. "You know, she really reminds me of-" she cut herself. "Never mind."

"She knows about her." Jungkook said. I nodded smiling at ajhumma which she returned with a warming smile that I still remembered.

"You can talk, I'll stay here." I insisted. Jungkook looked at me and his eyes asked me if I was sure, I answered with my eyes trying to hind the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

The mother and son went to a private room to talk as I sat on the sofa still amazed by the house's architecture. It was truly amazing with a candle chandelier that gave the room an enchanted vibe. The black sofas were placed opposite of one another with a white furry carpet on the floor under the glass coffee table. There were beautiful lambs in almost every corner of the spacious room.

I sat there awkwardly looking around and wondered if it was even a good idea to come here. Suddenly, my phone rang and I quickly dug my hands in my pocket to retrieve it. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was my mom.

I sighed and answered. "Hello?" I spoke bitterly in English as I was still a bit mad at my mother.

"SeonMi, where the hell are you?" My mother asked in a low threat voice. I almost wanted to stop but I still remembered that I was, you know...lied to by my family that my father was just busy with work when he and my mother were actually waiting for divorce.

"I don't know." I said not giving up my rude act. "Why'd you lie?"

I heard my mom sigh through the phone. "Please just come back home. I'll tell you everything."

"Everything?"

"Yes. Please come before your halmeoni calls the police." I nodded even if she couldn't see me. I hung up and clutches my phone tightly. Since we are telling the truth, why not tell him the truth?

After a minute, Jungkook came in with his mom following behind. They both had unreadable faces that I couldn't quite describe as anything but a poker face.

He walked to me and held his arm out. "Your turn." He said and I took his hand to stand up. I let go of his hand after I stood on my two feet.

"Where are you going?" Ajhumma asked.

"I'll drop her off." Jungkook said taking a jacket from the coat rack near the sofa. Ajhumma nodded and we made our way to my house.

The cold breeze hit my legs and raised the hair on my legs and arms. I held myself as I walked to my house. Suddenly I felt an arm around my shoulder, I didn't even try to look up because I didn't want Jungkook to see the blush he caused.

"SeonMi ah." I heard a voice call from behind. I turn around just a little to look at the person who called me. It was Jungkook, then who was-

I screamed at the top of my lungs when I realised I was hugging a drunk old man. I pushed him away from me that made him groan in pain when he met the cold concrete floor.

He cursed loudly as he tried to stand up but couldn't. "Ajhussi, do you need help?" I asked still staying cautious.

"Get away." The old man slurred. I covered my nose from the horrible smell of alchohol coming from the old man.

Jungkook jogged up to me and held my hand again. I harshly pulled it and turned on my heel to leave the drunk man and Jungkook.

"What's wrong?" He asked rubbing his hand together.

"Thanks for 'protecting me'." I scoffed sarcastically after I spotted the roof of my house.

"I'm sorry, I was tying my shoes." He said. "Don't worry from now on-"

"SeonMi!" My mother called as she ran to hug me also remembering to hit me several times. "What were you thinking?"

"You need to tell me everything." I said the most serious I have ever been in my life.