•64• Chapter

I let my head fall back to look at the magnificent view of the stars above us.

"Can we talk now?" He asked with his hand on the top part of my calf. I had almost shivered from the touch but now it was comfortable and warming.

"About?" I asked truly. I didn't know what he wanted to talk about- why I was crying or us if there was even an us.

"Us."

"Please I don't-" I started but got cut.

"We have to at some point." He said and I sighed, dropping my head to look at him in the eye. "For now, just tell me why you ran here so quickly. Run like that and you can beat the GoEun."

"The GoEun?" I chuckled softly as I held both sides of my arm with her hands. "It's stupid."

"Just tell me. It'll make you feel better to rant." He insisted and I sighed one last time before ranting about my parents, the whole story since I got here except for the fact that I used my eomma's old phone to text if as Essa all this time because it didn't matter at this time.
"Wow and I thought my family were liars."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously. His face darkened a bit but he hid it too well in a split second that I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not.

"Well, I moved to Seoul seven years ago from Busan. I don't remember much, only, a person from there but I don't know where she is now."

My heartbeat fastened at the hope of him remembering me. "Who?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Her name was MiMi. You know, now that I think about it, you remind me a lot of her." He told me and I smiled happily. "She was my best friend."

"Was?" I frowned.

"Well, my dad and mom brought me here because of my dad's business. It was risky but they still did it. " He said his voice dry and almost a whisper. "The following year, my dad passed away making my mom the CEO of their business. One day I heard my mom talk on the phone that she knew my dad had cancer, yet, they decided to move away. I left my best friend without even a goodbye."

Ajhussi is gone!

I was almost at the verge of crying. I wanted to scream that there was no need to say goodbye but I decided not to. "I'm so sorry for your loss. I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry." I let my legs fall as I scooted closer to Jungkook on the bench.

"It's fine." He said but his tone said the opposite. "I went to Busan two years ago for a visit and MiMi was gone, so was her whole family."

I'm here!

"Have you thought of talking to your mom why they did it?"

"Have you thought of asking your mom the same thing?" He asked me instead. I took a moment to reconsider, I didn't want to boycott my family for the rest of my life.

"You're right." I said. "If you ask your mom, I'll ask mine."

He shrugged his shoulders and laid back on the bench. "I'm too late."

I held his unnaturally cold hands in mine unknowingly. "It's never too late, Jungkook." I smiled that I almost forgot I was crying my eyes out just ten minutes ago. "If you'll do it, I'll do it too. Come on, I don't want to have to avoid my family."

He sighed. "Only if you come with me." He said as he held my hand tighter.

"Then you'll come with me?" I asked and he nodded. I smiled at the boy but a sudden thought crossed my mind. "It's so cold tonight. Why did you wait outside? You should've left, you  could catch a cold."

"Too late." He said coming closer to the light that was projected from the lamp above us. He sneezed so adorably that I wanted to squeeze his cheeks.

"See now you got a cold." I scolded as he let go of my hand to take out a tissue from his pocket. "Why did you do that?" I asked almost smiling at the boy's cute red nose that made him look like a reindeer.

"Because you are worth the wait." He said after wiping his nose. I almost fell from the bench when I heard him say I was worth the wait. He laughed, satisfied by my reaction.

"Come on."

"Where?"

"We're going to talk to your mom." I said trying to ignore his sentence and not give him the pleasure of knowing that his words got to me. He stood up and held my hand. "Why?"

"There are weird guys lurking around." He told me. "I'll protect you."

Satisfied with those words, I nodded. He pulled his suitcase and we walked up the hill area until we reached a big house with a huge gate. We walked up the gate until we reached the front door.

Jungkook pushed the gate open and unlocked the door to his house....

"Jungkook? Is that you?" A voice called which I guessed was ajhumma's

Annyeong, ajhumma.