•47• Chapter

Firstly, thank you for the 2K reads. I didn't think many people would still read it until now but you did so thank you soooo
Much!!!

Ok you can carry on. (Hard carry eh) ok ok I'll stop.

___

The runners were told to walk back to the finish line. BamBam, Taehyung, Ara and I high-fived each other.

"We couldn't have done it without you." Taehyung whispered in my ear but I shrugged him off.

"As if, we all did a great job." I said and walked up the stairs to my seat. I saw Jungkook there and I wanted to walk the other way but I couldn't.

He would know I was trying to avoid him but failed miserably.

BamBam needed to go to help the teachers and Ara went with her friends. Taehyung and I went to our seats.

Jungkook took a bottle of water and drank it. I realised after a minute that it was my bottle.

"That's mine." I said taking the bottle from his mouth. He didn't realise that we had came so he was caught in a surprise.

"Congrats hyung." Jungkook said ignoring eye contact with me, actually, I did first. "If I got the stick faster, I would've beat you."

"Keep dreaming." Taehyung said. "We have our lucky charm right here." Taehyung patted my shoulder knowing what I did.

Jungkook and my eyes met but I looked away when I took a seat at the front of all the seats.

"I'm going to get water." Taehyung said sensing the awkwardness in the air. He flew off like a fly. I felt daggers behind my back so I looked behind.

"You cheated." Jungkook said.

"I didn't. How dare you say that? We won fair and square." I said.

"No you didn't. You winked at me."

"What ever do you mean?" I acted all innocent to mock him. I admit, it was kinda fun. "Where's Yuki?" I asked, not seeing his 'girlfriend'.

"Helping. Stop trying to change the subject." Jungkook said and stood up from his chair. He walked down the stairs like seats and sat beside me.

"Leave me alone." I said but I knew I didn't mean it but I couldn't let it show. I stood up just to get dragged down by his muscular arm. "What do you want?" I hissed sitting down.

"Why did you wink?"

"Maybe because something was in my eye." I said all innocent.

We leaned his head forward just like he did in the janitor's closet.

The flashback from that moment made my heart ache because he said he didn't mean what he said.

"Or was it for the competition." He challenged.

"Well, have you not heard? Everything's fair in love and war. This is a competition after all, Jungkook." I challenged back.

" Which competition? The race or Yuki?" He said with a smirk as our faces were only a few millimetres away.

"The race of course. Why would I be jealous of Yuki." I said and immediately regretted it. He never said anything about jealousy but I did.