Chapter 3

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I was all by myself today because Jimin had gone to the cafe as it was the snack's shift today. I can see that he is going crazy day after day but I cannot stop him. I know he is serious, plus it's fun to hear him talk while day-dreaming about his crush. His sentences start shortening until only squealing remain and it's a hilariouly lovely sight. Watching him like this and listening to his lovesick thoughts almost makes me wish that I, too, could fall in love. Almost.

I am happy for him but I get bored when he is not around. I do not have much school work today either so I decide to take a stroll to the park nearby. I do not want to spend my day sitting at home all alone.

It's a children's park and I'm not particularly fond of those little creatures but since it is huge, the kids are always on the swing side. That leaves this other part of the park with a few benches free for me to have some peaceful time. I put on my favourite hoodie, grab my phone and earphones and head out locking the door on my way out since my parents are not home. They will be back nearly around dinner. Being close to my house will make it easier for me to go back home on a short notice if they decide to return early.

It took me around 10 minutes to reach the park. I look around to find a spare bench but there does not seem to be any available at the moment. I walk over to the other side of the park and lean against the fence to wait until someone decides to abandon their bench.

Since I was going to be staying here for safely more than an hour, I decided to bring myself some coffee to keep my mouth occupied. It's a habit that I developed after hanging out with Jimin. Whenever he is watching something on TV or his phone he always keeps stuffing his mouth because he cannot just neglect his mouth, now can he? I swear, that guy is really something.

I play my music playlist and start swiping through the k-pop memes. It's one of my hobbies that keeps me involved and happy. Sometimes, they are so hilarious that I find it very hard to keep my face straight in public places and a small smile manages to escape but I pull it back instantly before someone can notice. Not that I care though. It's not like I'm doing anything wrong by smiling, right?

When I look up after a little while the sun is almost about to set. Wow! You do not realize how fast the time goes by when you are having fun, huh? People have started to come to pick up their kids by now. My parents have not contacted me yet so I guess I can stay here for a bit longer.

I felt a little hot so I decided to take off my hoodie but I do not really want to strip in front of everyone so I change my mind and just open up the front of it. Oh look, someone came and stood close to me. It seemed like a guy by the look of these legs, but I will not look up to see what he is saying. Maybe he has not seen my ear phones yet and that is why he is trying to talk to me but once he sees them he will realize that I cannot hear him and will leave me alone. So basically, I just have to ignore him even though he is standing this close to me and that is exactly what I'm doing.

He is not moving at all, though. I wonder why. I take a sip from my drink and... perhaps I'm wrong, but it felt like he wanted my cup(?) I still do not look up hoping the guy would get the idea that I will not entertain whatever he to say and leave out of embarassment, at least.

I was in the middle of my thoughts when suddenly he took the cup from my hand and took a sip from it. I look up slightly to see who it is only to be completely shocked by what happened next. He was directly staring at me and not even a second passed before he was spitting the coffee back in my cup(?) What the hell? And now he is leaving like he did not just do that? I just witnessed that absurdity and now I'm extremely confused. He just walked away not caring to glance back even once while I'm still here staring at my cup wondering if it was so much of a common thing to do that he did not even show any emotion. I mean if it was a prank, he, or anyone else who might have been with him, would have laughed their heads off by now. But nothing like that has happened yet and now I cannot really tell if I'm even awake or not.

/Was it his, some sort of, habit? Was he, perhaps, retarded? Maybe I was hallucinating? Or maybe I had too much coffee?/

My brain is working over every possible explanation that could possibly, logically explain what just happened but every option seems unlikely. In the end, I decide to go home and sleep it off. That is always the best way to get over every problem. Just sleep it off.

So I remove my ear phones and put them in my pocket along with my phone and walk out of the park, dropping my coffee cup in the trash can on my may out. I cannot drink that, now can I? When I reach home I am greeted by silence, which was obviously unexpected. I can think about my parents being late, later. Right now, I am going straight to bed to sleep. I need sleep. Lots of it.

-----

BANGBANGBANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing and answer it without even checking the name but the sweet voice on the other end tells me that it's my mom.

"Hey sweetie~ Did I wake you up?" She sounds somewhat appologetic but I know it's just because she knows she woke me up from my slumber. Not like I'm a princess or anything but okay. Nothing for me to worry about, at least.

"It's okay mom."

"Jungkook dear, I called to tell you that something came up so we will not be back until maybe tomorrow night. I'm still not sure about that though. We may have to stay even longer but I will tell you about that beforehand next time instead of calling at midnight, like now. Okay?"

She paused to hear my response.

"Okay mom."

Timid as always but clear enough for her to hear, I tell her so she can continue.

"Oh and I prepared some dishes before leaving, you know, just in case something like this happened. I do not want you to starve or have to eat out again and again. So eat anything you like when you are hungry, okay honey?"

She sounds tired but she cares for me more than she does for herself. I mean, if making dishes for me right before leaving for work is not enough to prove that, I do not what will be. So I assure her that I will not do anything that will make her worry and that I will definitely eat to my fullest. Once reassured she hangs up after exchanging "I love you" with me.

I hang up and check the time. It is indeed past midnight just like she had said. I decide to follow her instructions and walk out of my room to get something to eat. When I enter the kitchen my tummy growls loudly and I laugh a little. I recall the time when Jimin heard my grumbling stomach in the library once and commented that it sounded like a whale's mating call. The thought made me laugh so hard back then that I had tears in my eyes and it did so right now, too. Only Jimin can link something lewd like that to an innocent hungry stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~