Chapter 64

Taehyung thanked everything holy for listening to his prayer and finally, making Jungkook stay with him on his request. He was just about to say something when Jungkook spoke first.

"I saw you." Taehyung blinked in confusion at the vague statement. And also because he didn't expect the boy to say anything, at all.

"What?" Jungkook still didn't look at him when he answered next. He didn't know why he was saying it but he felt the need to get Taehyung to say what he saw was not true.

"I saw you.. And Sungjae. You.. You were.." He couldn't say it. He tried his best but that was all he could manage.

However, Taehyung caught the meaning already since it was the only thing that he dreaded but nothing could be changed now. However, that didn't change the fact that Taehyung wasn't at fault. He just had to make Jungkook believe it, now.

"It wasn't what it looked like." Jungkook's head whipped at Taehyung's statement with wide eyes but before he could voice his raging thoughts, Taehyung put his index finger on Jungkook's lips gently.

"I know what you're going to say. Let me finish." Jungkook stopped at the soft gesture instantly like an obedient puppy as he just blinked. Taehyung's sudden change in personality always left him speechless and he was still not used to it.

"I know what you saw but it's not what it looked like. He suddenly kissed me and-" Jungkook's head whipped away as quickly as he had turned to him before. He couldn't stand it at all, even in words. The mere idea of Taehyung being that close to someone else made Jungkook's insides flip. And this was something he witnessed himself so Taehyung repeating the whole scene for him made him extra furious and he fisted his hands.

Taehyung halted at Jungkook's reaction and felt the younger's fists clenching. He couldn't decide if he should just leave all the explanation aside and kiss Jungkook with all his passion until he realized how much Taehyung loved him or if he should act rationally and clear up the confusion like a mature person should- which was something Taehyung would never be even close to, by the way. Despite the huge part of him yelling to choose the first option, Taehyung went with the second one since he had already tried the other one before and the results weren't very desirable.

"He did it so suddenly that I stopped for a second and you know! You know that it's natural to become a rock, in surprise. So you have to understand that I didn't.." He stopped himself from saying the word Jungkook despised, again and searched for a replacement.
"I didn't, you know, do the same to him. I just.. I was just shocked for a second because I didn't expect him to.."

Taehyung paused again as he waited for his brain to form next words for him while Jungkook kept his head turned away. But when he didn't find anything else to use, he left it there and went ahead without completing.

"But then I tried to break free but he didn't let me. I didn't like it, I swear. I didn't start or respond to it. I could never do that." Jungkook slowly turned his head around and saw Taehyung's eyes looking down as a small blush decorated his face and the flame that had been long blown out in Jungkook's heart, flicked on again. As usual, Jungkook's expectations started to peak with every second of silence and he started guessing the next words, already.

"Because I have my eyes on someone else." Taehyung mumbled the last part with a smile that he couldn't hold back, but loud enough for Jungkook to hear it.

As for Jungkook, he just lost his soul at the last part. Just when the weight on his chest was lifting, just when he began to hope he had a chance, Taehyung dropped another bomb on him. He was back to square one, again, as his expectations crashed down in an instant. Taehyung might have removed the wrong idea from Jungkook's mind that he was not as close to Sungjae as Jungkook had thought he was but he just gave him a clear shut up call with this revelation. So, in the end, he was still out of younger's reach not because of Sungjae but because there was this someone else.

"Oh." That was all Jungkook managed to say without breaking down. He cursed himself for raising his expectations so soon but a part of him wanted to blame Taehyung for giving him hope. He wanted to strangle Taehyung for making such a long pause that he made another wrong speculation about his words. Once again, Jungkook wanted to get up and leave since it was a massive disaster, again. He had filled a big balloon of thoughts in his mind using Taehyung's words only to have it explode by the older's pin of truth. Why did he have to race his hopes to the peak? Couldn't he just wait and let Taehyung finish?

Taehyung noticed the slouched expression of the boy next to him and shook his head stopping the laugh that was about to erupt from him. Jungkook had, once again, made another stupid conclusion in his head and was already sulking over it.

"You." Taehyung squeezed Jungkook's arm a little to bring him out of his world but Jungkook only looked at Taehyung's arm and then up at his face as if he had seen a ghost.

"Me?" Taehyung thought Jungkook understood so his eyes brightened up as he gave an enthusiastic nod.

"Yup."

"Me what?" But of course, it's Jungkook. How could he catch on with him so quickly when he needs a three week notice just to over think about what pizza he would order?

"It's you." Jungkook blinked blankly at Taehyung's whisper, since he was lost in his thoughts and didn't understand one bit, what the older was talking about all of a sudden.

"What's me?" Taehyung let go of the control and laughed this time making Jungkook even more confused. He wondered why did Jungkook had to take everything so far that it would take years for him to resurface from his ocean of thoughts?

"I love you, dumbass." Jungkook blinked thrice and stared at Taehyung trying to hear the actual words instead of those that he selfishly wanted to hear. He couldn't have actually heard what he thought he did. Could he?

And Taehyung would be waiting for another century until Jungkook accepted it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~