Chapter 8

Author's P.O.V.

At Taehyung's comment, Jungkook gave a nod and looked down at his hands. He felt embarrassed for staring but it is understandable considering it was not normal for him.

While they were talking Hoseok had freed the bathroom and was walking around in only a loose trouser, a wet towel around his neck.

"Jungkook, you can go in now. He is out."

Taehyung pointed out but Jungkook only shook his head in negative instead of saying anything. It seemed like an sweet and intimate gesture to him, to shower in someone else's house, but not if they are a stranger - or someone who he had met just that day.

Taehyung, however, did not understand why Jungkook refused, so his reaction was completely off the mark.

"Oh man, that is gross! You do not shower when you get back from school?"

Jungkook stared at him, dumbfounded at the lack of common sense, while Hoseok and Jin face palmed.

"That is not.." Jungkook had only just began to explain himself but Taehyung was already pushing him to the bathroom.

"NA NA NA NA NA NA NA~" He kept singing out loud until he had pushed the younger inside and closed the door.

"And do not even think of coming out until you are squeaky clean, Kook. I'm standing right here so you absolutely cannot escape."

Jungkook was unable to say a single word in protest, again. Everything that happened so far was out of the ordinary. Every. Single. Thing. He sighed in defeat and despite being immensely uncomfortable about showering at a random person's house, he did it and obviously, he was squeaky clean by the time he was done. After all, who does not take a proper bath?

Now the problem was that he did not want to wear the sweaty school uniform again. But, there did not seem to be any other options available. Begrudgingly, he wore his boxers and pants. As he was putting on his pants, he heard a knock.

"Yes?" He replied softly but loud enough to be heard.

"Do you want to wear my clothes?" Taehyung asked from the other side.

Jungkook's cheeks flushed a dark shade of red at the question. He knew what Taehyung meant but his 'creative' mind just had to play a horrible joke on him by giving him the idea of the suggestion being quite intimate. Jungkook was extremely grateful that no one could see him at the moment, getting flustered over something that was never there to begin with.

"N-no. But, thank you." He cursed at himself for stuttering.

"Okay." Taehyung replied.

When he was done drying his hair, Jungkook grabbed his shirt and put the towel around his neck before walking out. For a moment, his brain had stopped working and made him walk out topless, out of habit. He did not realize it until he saw three pairs of eyes staring at him, one staring more intensely than the rest - Taehyung's. Jungkook was unable to grasp the situation immediately and so, he concluded that he might have done something wrong.

"Um, what-" He started.

"Damn boy!" And~ he was cut off again. By Hoseok this time. "Ya! You are no kid! Those abs cannot possibly belong to that innocent face." Hoseok was on his feet.

"Even though you have a hot body, still your face is nothing in comparison to mine." Jin huffed as he quickly got up to leave.

The comments sank in, Jungkook glanced down and sure enough, he had not put on his shirt yet. Feeling embarrassed, he quickly pulled it over his head and covered his face up with the towel, pretending to be drying his hair. Although he was complimented, yet he could not help but feel uneasy after being exposed to strangers like that.

Hoseok seemed to have noticed the troubled boy so he chuckled as he walked over to comfort him.

"Hey you can show off, Jungkook. No need to be shy in front of us. We are your friends, you know."

Meanwhile, Taehyung had been fighting the blush that kept on creeping up his face ever since his eyes landed on Jungkook's shirtless torso. He had seen Hoseok like that countless times before but it had never sparked anything in him. With Jungkook, however, it seemed to be different. Very different.

Thankfully, no one had noticed Taehyung yet, so he was able to pull himself together while Hoseok comforted Jungkook. After pushing all the crazy things that he had unintentionally, thought of, to the back of his head, he joined Hoseok and pulled the towel off of Jungkook's head.

"Yeah Kookie. It's okay. We were not making fun of you. We were praising."

Jungkook gave a small nod in response and earned two bright smiles in return. He would be lying if he said he did not feel a lot more at ease than before. It was all because of the way they were treating him. But he would rather keep that to himself. For now, at least.

----

They spent the day getting to know each other better. Jungkook had a great time and owing to the two best friends. Shortly after the shower episode, Jungkook forgot how the time went by.

Mrs. Kim and Jin joined them at dinner and it was then that Taehyung introduced Jungkook to her. She seemed very sweet to Jungkook and he made sure to let her know about that.

After dinner, Hoseok and Taehyung offered to drop him off to his house, but Jungkook denied the offer politely. He still had not told them how close he lived, but he had not really lied either. He had only suggested to walk back on his own.

After saying farewell to everyone - and finally finding out that it was actually Taehyung's house; Hoseok was just staying over - he hit the road. On his way back, Jungkook checked his phone to see what time it was. He was also considering texting Jimin who had not bothered to contact him the whole day. When he unlocked his phone, however, it made him panic.

He had accidentally put his phone on silent, God knows when.

10 missed calls
9 voice messages
20 text messages

He checked them and found out that all, except 5 messages, were from Jimin.

/He must have been worried about me. I'm so sorry, Jiminie./

Jungkook checked the time and it was 9.40 pm, not too late to call Jimin. He immediately dialed Jimin's number. It was answered right away.

"Jungkook, are you alright? Where were you? Where are you, now? What happened? Are you hurt?" Jimin bombarded him with questions before Jungkook even said 'hello' but Jungkook did not mind. He had been cut off like that a million times that day already. Also, he knew that Jimin must have been worried about him.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry for not responding  My phone was on silent so I did not notice your calls and texts. But, I'm going home now." Jungkook said as he walked towards his house.

"Where have you been? I have been waiting for you here all day. Your mom almost made me report you missing." Jimin's sound was loaded with concern.

"I'm sorry. I should have been more careful. I'm almost home now. Can you open the door, please?" Jungkook ended the call. He was at his door and was now waiting for it to open. It did not even take a few seconds before the door was flung open. His mother and Jimin hugged Jungkook as soon as they saw him. He snaked his arms around their waists and hugged them back, knowing very well how much of a worry he had caused them.

"Mom, Jiminie, I'm really sorry." Jungkook almost whispered when he heard a small sigh from his mother.

"Let's go inside. We can talk during dinner." His mother said, ushering the two boys inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~