Chapter 23

Jungkook stayed at Nam Joon's for about an hour during which the older tried Yoongi's number. The bell would ring and ring but no one answered. Nam Joon left voice mails for Yoongi after every ten minutes hoping to hear something soon.

"Have you asked Hoseok or Taehyung about it?" Nam Joon asked as he put his phone down for the nth time.

Jungkook shook his head slightly.
"I don't want them to know."

Nam Joon nodded his head and sat down next to him. Jungkook was doing his best to keep himself from breaking down but he really wanted to let go and open the flood gates of his eyes. Nam Joon wasn't unaware but he didn't want to push him either. Jungkook had never cried in front of him or anyone, for that matter, because he considered it as a weakness. And that's exactly why he was putting on a brave face right now, as well.

They were sitting there on the couch trying both, Jimin's and Yoongi's, phones time and again hoping to hear from either one. Jungkook's phone rang after he had just put it next to him and he almost jumped at it but his body lost strength again when he saw Hoseok's name on the screen. He was in no mood of laughing or hearing someone else laugh, right now. So, he ignored the call and dropped the phone back.

"You should pick it up. Maybe he wants to tell you about Jimin. You never know, right?" Nam Joon urged him to answer the phone, which he reluctantly did.

"Hello." His voice came out weaker than he intended it to be and Hoseok was quick to pick up the sign.

"H_hey Kookie! What's up?" Hoseok tried to start a conversation, which he could already tell, was going to die in a few seconds.

"Um, hyung, I_I am doing some homework, right now. I'll talk to you later, if it's ok?" Jungkook's attempt at covering his state impressed Nam Joon but at the same time, it broke his heart, too.

This kid was too fragile at heart and too precious to be hurting. He picked his phone again and dialed a different number this time and moved a decent distance away from Jungkook so that the younger doesn't hear what he would say. It wasn't something he expected would be needed to be done but he couldn't just stand there and watch Jungkook crumble bit by bit, right in front of him. By the time Jungkook hung up, Nam Joon was back at his side.

"You need to lighten up a bit, Jungkook. Your mother will be worried if she saw you like this, you know." Of course Jungkook knew that. But he hadn't known Hoseok and Taehyung for long so he didn't really know if he should trust them in the moment of need or not. And lightening up with their help seemed a bit difficult when a small part of his brain was somewhat suspecting the two of them.

------

"Are you sure it's okay to do this?"

"I think we should stop now!"

"Oh come on! We haven't killed anyone, have we now?"

"No, but still..."

"Shush! No buts. We will see it to the end. That's final."

"I'm still against this!"

"Me too!"

------

Jungkook was stressed out too much and fell asleep on the couch. Nam Joon didn't wake him up and waited till he did so, on his own. Since his mother was aware that Jungkook was with Nam Joon, she wasn't going to worry about him, so he could stay there however long he wanted to.

Around an hour and a half later Jungkook woke up and looked around to realize he was still at Nam Joon's house.

Nam Joon appeared from the kitchen with some food and placed it in front of Jungkook.

"Eat up. I'm sure you haven't had lunch yet." Nam Joon smiled at him fondly and Jungkook returned the gesture, although weaker than older's.

"Did you hear anything, yet?" Jungkook asked, his eyes filled with hope. Nam Joon only shook his head and hung it low when he saw the black orbs of younger losing their light again.

"I'm going to fresh up, first." Jungkook said lowly before getting up and going to Nam Joon's bedroom.

When he came out, Nam Joon was on his phone again. He quietly came and sat down next to his hyung and silently ate.

When Nam Joon ended his call, he turned to Jungkook with a smile on his face, making Jungkook believe it was a good news.

"They are both okay." Jungkook's eyes brightened up and he almost jumped on Nam Joon.

"Really? Where are they? Did you talk to Jimin? What did he say? Why wasn't he answering me? When is he coming back?" Jungkook was about to explode.

Nam Joon let the boy calm down before he spoke up.

"I don't really know where they are. I just heard from someone I know. He said he saw them this morning and they were looking absolutely fine and happy." Jungkook sighed as he settled back in the couch. He did get as much information as he needed but still, he was much relaxed compared to his situation from a moment ago.

At least they were okay. That's all that mattered, right? Right. Jungkook finished eating quickly and got up to leave. He thanked Nam Joon before leaving.

"Thank you, hyung." He bowed.

"Anytime, Jungkookie." Jungkook and Nam Joon, both laughed at the name before Jungkook left.

He reached his house leisurely and went straight to his room. Nam Joon had already informed his mother that he gave him lunch so she didn't ask him for it again.

Jungkook opened his bag and decided to get his homework done. He was relieved by now and was sure that he could concentrate on other things, now.

He had just started when his phone beeped twice. He checked and saw he had a two messages from Jimin. His face split into a huge grin as he instantly jumped and grabbed his phone.

He was going to yell at him first for not answering him. Then he would tease him about being alone with his crush, until he begged Jungkook to stop. And then he would listen to what Jimin had to say. And finally he would congratulate him because they were, most probably, going out now.

He could already picture Jimin's reaction to each and every thing he had planned and started laughing. It was always fun to tease Jimin. He would give the best reactions and just make Jungkook want to tease him even more.

The thoughts were flowing in his mind one after the other as he unlocked his phone and opened up the text messages he had received. The moment he opened Jimin's thread, his heart dropped to his feet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N : Wow, 300+ views already. Thank you so much for all the support, everyone.

<3 love you all <3

Edit 1:

600+ 😱 thank you

Edit 2:

900+ 😘 I can't believe it..