Chapter 15

"Now that the formalities are complete, let's get to the good stuff~" Taehyung chirped as he bounced on the bed.

Hoseok had a huge grin plastered on his face as well while Jungkook was just waiting. These guys were taking ages to talk and he was getting impatient. It wasn't like him to be eager to find out about other people's secret like a gossip girl but Taehyung and Hoseok had already become an exception.

"Tell me already. The suspense is killing me." He couldn't believe that he just whined but who cares.

"Okay okay. We'll tell you, now." Hoseok started and Jungkook straightened his back and leaned closer to Hoseok, his eyes fixated on his hyung.

"So, we have known professor Nam Joon since middle school, right. He had always been around, somehow. As you know, how me and Tae are always messing around with people and stuff, we once thought about targeting our professor."

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"You pranked him?"

"Yes, well no, not exactly." Taehyung explained. "We were just planning on what to do and for that we had to observe him for a few days to gather some intel on him before we could plan our move." He looked at Hoseok who gave a shrug, gesturing it was an obvious thing to be done, before continuing.

"We found out that he had a pretty normal routine. He would come to school earlier than everyone else and just write some stuff and then read some random books. It was a new one after every two days. He would take classes and then directly, go home after that. Sometimes he would go to the cafe, nearby, in the evening. On weekends he would go to the bookstore and spend a lot of time there, probably reading. We never went in to check because it's a book store after all. You know what I mean?" Jungkook nod instantly.

He understood the other's lack of interest in the area and also realised why they didn't recognize him if they had known about Nam Joon going to the book store. After all, Nam Joon only went there for Jungkook but since Taehyung and Hoseok had never followed him inside, they didn't know that it was Jungkook who he came to meet and not to read. He stopped thinking when he heard Taehyung continue.

"He is social but not over-social. When he had to meet someone it would always be during school hours. We have never seen him go in or come out of the cafe or the store with anyone. He didn't go out on any dates at all. Not even secret meetings or anything."

"Or so we thought. Until.." Hoseok jumped in before he paused and turned around to get something from under the mattress. "We found this!" Hoseok exclaimed as he took out a post-it note and placed it down in the middle of small circle the three of them had formed.

Jungkook looked down at it and then back at Hoseok and then Taehyung.
"What's that?" He whispered.

Hoseok pushed the note towards him urging him to pick it up. Jungkook looked at both of them again as he picked the note and slowly opened it.

You never cease to take my breath away - NJ

Jungkook read the note again and again and then one more time just for the heck of it.

"NJ.. Is for.. Nam Joon, hyung? Wh_who is it for?" He asked, carefully selecting the words and still looking at the note in his hand. No reply. He looked up and Hoseok's eyes told him what he wanted to know. His breath hitched and looked at the note again as he recalled what he was told before. He slowly lifted his head up again to see Hoseok nodding. Jungkook's eyes went wide and he whisper screamed.

"Omo! Hyung is really a secret admirer!"

It was big revelation for Jungkook since he never had thought that Nam Joon, of all people, would even have time for this sort of thing. Granted, he had always been very gentle and kind with everyone which would attract a lot of ladies but he had never. NEVER. Shown any sort of interest in relationship related activities or talks. Jungkook had known him for a longer time than he had known Jimin and not once, did Nam Joon even give a hint about his love life. So, obviously, Jungkook was extremely shocked when he found out about the romantic side of him in such a way. Who would have thought that his hyung wrote secret notes to someone? Not Jungkook, at least. And that's why the young boy was now being loaded with questions he just had to get answers of. How could he never know about his hyung's crush when he had known for years, for God's sake.

"Where did you get this from? Does hyung know that you guys know about this? Who is his crush, exactly? How did hyung meet that person? Are they a he or a she? What happened next? Does Jin hyung know that Nam Joon hyung is the secret admirer of his friend? Tell me~ Tell me now, jebal!" Jungkook was bombarding them with questions like bullets out of rifle and how could he not. He was desperate.

Taehyung turned towards Jungkook and then tilted his head at Hoseok looking confused. But before he could say anything, Hoseok shushed him silently. Taehyung's eyes narrowed at Hoseok's reaction but soon he understood and gave a nod.

"You'll find it all out by the time we are done, Kookie! For now, just breathe." Taehyung assured him as he patted Jungkook's back while Hoseok grabbed the glass of water from the side table for him. Jungkook stopped his verbal assault to drink water and catch his breath which he forgot when he had lost it.

Jungkook's mind developed a possibility that he might have been drunk by someone and he was hallucinating, right now. But he dismissed the atrocious thought. This was real. Really really real. He was hyped and excited and full of anticipation for the first time and it was, dare he say, thrilling. He was loving it, nevertheless.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~