Chapter 40

Taehyung and Hoseok left after about half an hour saying that they would be back once their luggage was prepared. Taehyung had burrowed Jungkook's shirt, again, since he could neither wear his own nor could he go out half naked. Once they left, Jimin started rummaging through Jungkook's room to pick up whatever was his to pack it for the trip.

"You do know you're being obvious, right?" Jungkook asked after watching his friend trying to look as giddy as he could but Jungkook could tell he was feigning it.

"Huh! What do you mean? I don't know what you are talking about." Jimin opened his eyes as big as he could and attempted at being oblivious but he was a horrible actor and that made Jungkook chuckle sadly.

"Right. Of course you don't." Jungkook let go of it this once since he was going to find out on his own anyway and moved up from his spot to set his own bag ready. Jungkook put all the things he could think of in his bag and was ready soon but Jimin had to go to his house to grab some things he was missing. Jungkook decided to tag all with him but Jimin denied and said that he would be back in no time so Jungkook should just stay here. It was weird but Jungkook didn't argue. Jimin obviously needed some time to cool down. Once Jimin left, Jungkook fished his phone out and called Namjoon.

"Hey, hyung! Hope I didn't disturb you or anything." Jungkook started in his usual way like he always did.

"Hey! No, you didn't. What is it?" Namjoon could always tell if Jungkook called to ask something or just to talk about nothing.

"You know someone named Yoongi, right?" Jungkook went straight to the point.

"Yeah, I do. He lives next door. What about him?"

"Well, have you, um, have you, maybe- I don't know how to ask this, honestly!" Jungkook sighed in the phone.

"Just say whatever comes to your mind, kook. I can make sense out of it. So you don't have to worry about that." Namjoon chuckled as he said trying to put him at ease.

"Um, what has he been doing these days?" Jungkook face palmed at the stupid question. What was that supposed to even mean?

"He has been at home mostly. He hasn't gone to work for a while. Why are you asking, by the way? I mean, if you tell me the reason I might be able to help more properly, you know." Something in Namjoon's voice told Jungkook that he might already know what's up but he dismissed the thought, instantly.

"He hasn't? Why? Um, sorry hyung. But it's someone else's secret so I can't really tell you the reason. I hope you understand." Jungkook didn't even want to hint Namjoon about Jimin and Yoongi dating but he totally forgot that when Jimin played a prank on him, Namjoon was the person he had gone to.

"Well then, if that someone is worried about being pushed away, you can tell him not to worry. Yoongi is just having some family issues and he wants to keep that someone out of it for his safety." The smugness and amusement in Namjoon's voice flattered Jungkook as he only opened and closed his mouth with saying anything since he couldn't.

"How did you-" That was the only thing he could say in words.

"I know because you told me about it, remember? Plus he's my neighbour so obviously I would know if he brought someone home. And he talks more than he looks like it. So, yeah. I know."

Jungkook face palmed again as he realized what Namjoon meant and felt embarrassed. Another thought hit him and he voiced it before he could forget.

"Uh, hyung? What exactly happened between them?" Jungkook knew how good Namjoon was when it came to keeping secrets so he hoped highly, that Namjoon would keep that thought far away this once and let him know what he was asking for.

"Sorry, kiddo. Like you said, it's someone else's secret. I can't tell you more than I already have." Jungkook's shoulders slumped but he didn't push further as he knew it would be useless.

"Thanks anyways, hyung." Namjoon was about to hang up when Jungkook almost screamed in the phone.
"Oh, wait!"

"What happened?" Namjoon got worried that something might have happened to Jungkook.

"Um, uh, well, I_*arhm* We are going on a trip and my parents wanted you to come with us." Jungkook said slowly, still embarrassed from his outburst just a second ago.

"A trip? That's sudden. Where are you guys going? And who else is coming?" Namjoon sounded interested raising Jungkook's hopes.

"Well, my parents wanted to take a break from work so they planned it and they were asking if you can come with us too? Other than us regular four Hoseok, Taehyung and Jin hyung will also be coming with us."

"Oh! That sounds.. Interesting. But are you sure all the others are coming, though? I mean, have you confirmed from them?" Namjoon sounded awkward as he asked and Jungkook could smell something fishy.

"Yeah. Taehyung and Hoseok left early to get their stuff ready and Jimin left just now. We will be meeting in the evening again. So if you can, you should join us too. Oh, by the way, it's a warm place we are going to. That's all mom told us about it." Jungkook wanted to convince the other with all his heart and was giving it his best shot. But he couldn't tell why was Namjoon hesitating. It was as if he didn't want to go with them but Jungkook didn't have it in him to ask that right away.

"I'll tell you soon. I just have to check my schedule and if I'm open I'll come. Okay?"

"Sure sure. Well, take care. Bye." And he hung up. He was just sitting there wondering why Namjoon was having difficulty in agreeing quickly like he usually did when his phone vibrated in his hand. He checked and found out he had a text from Taehyung in the group.

CGTAE:
Jin hyung iz tryin 2 avoid going wid us, nw. But he isn't telling y. Smth's up.

Musclebunny:
Same thing with NamJoon hyung. He even asked if you guys are really coming or not.

CGTAE:
I'll find out 4m hyung as much as I can. Hobi went home 4 a while. Once he comes back, we vl attack him.

Musclebunny:
Got it.

Musclebunny:
What about Yoongi hyung? Have you tried to contact him?

CGTAE:
He wzn't home wen v checked. And he didn't pick my calls either.

CGTAE:
Jin hyung just left. I heard him talk 2 sm1 on phone after I came out of his room. Should I go after him?

Musclebunny:
I don't think that's a good idea.

Sunshinehobi:
R u guys idiots or wat??? (`Д´)

CGTAE:
Wat happnd?

Musclebunny:
What's wrong?

Sunshinehobi:
Y r u talking abt Yoongi hyung here??? Jimin iz also in this grp remember??? Smh

CGTAE:
Oooohhhhhhh!!!!

Musclebunny:
I didn't realize. Let's dm.

Sunshinehobi:
No, no... Spam a lot so he dznt notis these texts...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New cover... I made this one, hope you like it.