Chapter 53

NO ONE'S P.O.V.

"Taehyung!" Taehyung turned to the person calling him and saw Sungjae running over. He wasn't really in the mood to talk. But then again, what did Sungjae do to deserve a cold shoulder? Nothing. So, Taehyung pushed aside his ache and smiled brightly at him.

"Oh hi! What's up?" Sungjae paused for a second but went with it anyway.

"Nothing much. Where were you going?" He started walking with Taehyung and despite his lack of interest Taehyung decided to keep his company.

"I was just taking a stroll. This place is amazing!" So fake yet so believable.

"Would you like a tour?" And Taehyung had no choice but to accept the gentleman's offer.

"Sure. I would love that." He lied through his teeth.

"Great! Let's start from over there." Sungjae pointed towards the greenhouse a little further and took Taehyung's hand in his as he rushed over. Taehyung let himself be dragged considering it as a chance to get his mind away from everything else.

They walked around for almost half an hour when Taehyung started slacking.

"Are you tired?" Sungjae slowed down to let Taehyung catch up and before Taehyung could deny his stomach spoke for him. Sungjae blinked at his embarrassed face before a small smile broke on his face which turned into giggles making Taehyung turn even redder.

"Why didn't you say so before? Let's get you something to eat, first." And he held onto Taehyung's hand once again as he pulled him along.

"What would you like to have? My treat." Sungjae beamed as they seated themselves in a beautiful open setup. Taehyung looked around in awe as he took in the details of the place. He certainly did not expect such a luxurious arrangement. It was as if he was dreaming.

"Well?" Taehyung was brought back when Sungjae asked him again. He didn't know what to ask for since this place was anything but ordinary and he wondered if they had his favourite cereals.

"Do they have coco pops?" Taehyung asked with so much innocence that Sungjae couldn't stop himself from pinching his cheeks.

"Why are you like this?" Taehyung rubbed his cheek in shock and blinked at Sungjae. That was a little too much. But maybe that's just how he was with everyone. So Taehyung let it slide and only smiled at him.

"Do they?" Sungjae chuckled again at Taehyung's childish question but answered him anyway.

"I'm sorry but they don't have cereals. Anything else? Actually wait. Since it's my treat you should try something of my choice. I'm sure you'll love it." And with that Sungjae left Taehyung for a while. When he came back he had a huge grin plastered on his face that made Taehyung raise an eyebrow at him.

"Just wait. You'll see."

They waited for a while and soon waiter after waiter started coming out and placed one thing after the other on the table. Taehyung stared as the table got filled to the corners with things he hadn't even seen before in his life. He looked up at the content new friend of his and gaped like a fish out of water.

 He looked up at the content new friend of his and gaped like a fish out of water

Sungjae found his reaction really cute as he chuckled at him.

"What are you waiting for? Start up." Sungjae started casually as Taehyung only stared.

"What is all this? I thought you were a bartender!" Taehyung's voice was filled with shock.

"I am."

"But this looks so.. expensive." Taehyung leaned forward to whisper so that no one could hear him say such an embarrassing thing. But Sungjae only laughed more.

"It is." Sungjae whispered back and Taehyung stared again.

"And what made you think I'm poor?" Taehyung blushed deep red at the question and started eating shyly as he mumbled.

"That's not what I meant. I just.." Before he could complete his defense Sungjae leaned forward making Taehyung recoil.

"I'm not a bartender because I needed a job. I'm doing this because I want to." Taehyung tilted his head in confusion and stared at him.

"I don't get it." Sungjae reached his pocket and took out a visiting card meanwhile Taehyung tried the juice and his eyes widened at how good it was.

"Here." He handed the card to Taehyung and the latter barely managed to keep the drink in his mouth.

"You OWN this place?" Taehyung gulped hard and yelled as he stared at the card in his hand.

Sungjae only laughed as he ate but didn't say anything. Taehyung just stared at him as Sungjae ate silently only to look up when Taehyung didn't remove his gaze.

"What?" Taehyung closed his mouth and shook his head. How much more of an embarrassment does he have to face here?

"I can't believe this. Why are you working when you are so rich? You should just lie under the sun and enjoy the view. But instead you are working here. Why?" He whispered the last part, clearly, in desperation.

Sungjae chuckled before leaning ahead again.
"So I can meet cute guys like you." And he winked. Taehyung gave him the 'are you serious?' look. And Sungjae laughed his heart out.

"Sorry. Lame joke."

"Why are you working then?"

"Just because." Sungjae shrugged and Taehyung took that as his cue to stop pestering him as he let go of the topic with a nod and they both ate in silence.

Taehyung didn't lift his head after that so he didn't notice the glances that Sungjae stole from time to time. He just munched on happily totally forgetting about Jungkook in the moment.

"This is the second time I have served breakfast today." The sudden statement after a long silence made Taehyung look up from his plate at Sungjae.

"Huh?"

"First Jungkook and now you. I don't mind, though." He quickly covered himself when he thought Taehyung would feel bad about what he said.

"Oh." But Taehyung wasn't thinking about that at the moment. He was taken back to the same person he was trying not to think about all this time.

"Is something wrong?" The clear stiffness that appeared in Taehyung made Sungjae worried. But Taehyung shook his head and flashed his signature box smile at him.

"No no. I was just too lost in the taste that it took me some time to understand what you said." Smooth af. Sungjae actually bought that and laughed at him. Neither spoke after that and they finished up in silence.

Once done, they left and continued exploring the place.

The rest of the day Taehyung spent with Sungjae as the latter showed him around the area without missing any detail and without missing a single chance of holding Taehyung's hand which Taehyung was now somewhat used to since he considered it as a part of Sungjae's personality. Oh, how wrong he was.

But during all that, what Taehyung missed out more than anything else was Jungkook watching him having a good time with Sungjae. And, of course, the younger didn't ignore the sly attempts of Sungjae hitting on him unlike Taehyung did. He saw it all and even though it made him beyond furious he stayed put. What else could he do? He was only at the side line and not beside him, after all. He was told to forget, after all. Maybe that's what he should do, now. Taehyung had clearly forgotten about it- about him, already.

Jungkook turned his back towards them and he made his way to his room. He was over thinking for no reason at all. It was useless right from the beginning.

/What was I even thinking?/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~