Chapter 36

The color drained from Namjoon's face and Taehyung could practically see the wheels spinning in Namjoon's mind even though his mouth stayed shut. Namjoon only forced a smile at him and tried to think up of a quick excuse but he didn't get a chance to do that.

"So, it was you, all along?" Jin's soft voice spoke from behind Namjoon making his heart race and stop at the same time. Jin's question held no anger or even disgust that Namjoon feared. He only sounded curious, genuinely curious. Namjoon's eyes widened a bit but he tried to maintain his composure in front of his student. He slowly turned around keeping his eyes on the ground which lifted up slowly once he turned. He didn't miss the small note carefully held between the thumb and fingers of Jin's hand. When Namjoon's eyes met Jin's, the former saw something flash in his eyes for a second before the guard was up which worried Namjoon endlessly. Jin turned to his brother with a neutral expression and saw the innocent face of angel looking at him with utmost curiosity through those huge orbs but he couldn't see the devil behind that face who was about to burst out laughing any second, now. Hats off to the self control Taehyung had at the moment which was very crucial for the plan to succeed because it was pretty clear how alert Jin had become suddenly and any small sign that he could pick could lead to a complete disaster.

"What's going on?" God! How could he sound so innocent was beyond his own judgment as well but Taehyung pulled it off, anyway.

"Tae, leave us for a moment, will you?"
Jin kept his expression neutral as he gently spoke to his brother in the next moment.

Taehyung's eyes drifted to Namjoon who held the same impassive expression as his brother but the two small beads of sweat were very prominent on his temple.

"But.." Taehyung began with a pout but was shut down in an instant with a stern, yet low "Now!"

The authority in Jin's voice gave chills to Namjoon and a wave of excitement to Taehyung who could see his plan succeeding smoothly. Taehyung continued with his act as he glanced at Namjoon one last time with a slightly worried look and then hung his head low before moving away, mumbling something to himself. Once he was out he moved towards the right and made a turn before hastily dialing Hoseok's number and whisper shouted "It worked!"

He wanted to scream out loud but knew better than to do that given that his deep voice could be easily heard to the next block if he shouted.

"That's awesome. But where are you? We can't see you." Hoseok questioned in his excitement.

"The same place we agreed to meet at. I'm standing by the pole that you see immediately after turning to your right after leaving the cafe." Taehyung explained with slight confusion as he looked around to find two familiar faces but couldn't.

"It was the left, you moron. Now get over here. And DON'T RUN! We'll get caught." Hoseok scolded playfully over the phone earning an 'oops' from Taehyung who had made the wrong turn and was almost about to run until he heard the warning.

He moved casually to the direction opposite of the one he had come earlier and placed his phone to his ear which was facing the cafe. He wasn't talking to anyone, actually, but recording the internal situation without glancing inside, to check later if they had noticed his awkwardness or not. Once he was at the other end of the cafe he spotted Jungkook and Hoseok leaning against the wall next to an ice cream stall tapping their fingers on their thighs, impatiently. Once he approached them, he was greeted by a punch on his shoulder by Hoseok to which he made a pout and clung onto Jungkook's arm like a baby would right before crying. Hoseok only shook his head while Jungkook blushed a little and tried to remove him off of his arm as subtly as he could without being obvious.

Taehyung then checked the video he recently made and was relieved to see that Jin and Namjoon were just standing there and didn't notice him at all.

They were in the middle of their meet and greet when Jimin came running from behind Jungkook and halted with a screech holding his stomach to catch his breath. The three other boys waited for him to relax and explain his late arrival but only got a glare once Jimin lifted his head.

"You guys are real dick heads, you know that?" The comment earned three sleek eyebrows to raise at him questioning him silently.

"Don't give me that look! You never told me it was this cafe and not the one on the other block which just happened be at the same distance only in the opposite direction. Why would you do that? Now I missed the whole thing because of you." Jimin was pouting, glaring, whining and almost shouting all at the same time since he didn't really know how to express his regret of missing out on a very juicy event.

"I clearly remember texting you to come right at this spot, actually." Hoseok replied matter-of-factly.

"No. You asked me where I was and why wasn't I there already? Then I told you where I was and that I am waiting for you. Then you said it wasn't that cafe but this fucking one. Don't you dare fight me on this!" Jimin huffed as he ended his defense and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Jungkook moved from his place and patted Jimin on the back out of sympathy but the other two just shrugged it off making Jimin glare at them even more. Before he could speak up, though, Taehyung spoke up first.

"It's no big deal. We got it all on the tape." The revelation made not only Jimin's but also Jungkook's eyes go wide and both asked simultaneously.

"How?"

Taehyung smirked and broadened his shoulders as he spoke.
"We set up two cameras inside to record everything, with the audio this time, and all the while I sat there I made sure they weren't messed with. If no one touched them until the end, whatever is happening inside right now will also be available for us."

Jimin gaped at him with awe and couldn't help himself when he started clapping. Once he stopped, Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung.

"When did you set them up?"

"I did." Hoseok corrected. "Before Jin hyung and Tae came, I set them up and made sure they stayed at their spots until the targets arrived. Once they did, I sneaked out of the cafe and came here." He explained and still held the smug look from before.

This time Jungkook applauded. Those two were really Satan's right hand men just as Jin hyung called them. No average mind would go that far for such a simple and small idea- not anyone's but only Taehyung and Hoseok's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~