prologue

Victoria couldn't believe the news she had just received.

How could it have happened? She had just seen them an hour ago.

She had just kissed her parents goodbye, they had just told her to take care of herself cause her little sister needed the treatments badly so they needed to go see her.

So how could they be dead?

She couldn't believe what she was hearing, maybe it was a misunderstanding, maybe it wasn't her own Mr and Mrs Christopher Adams.

"Are you sure you are talking about my parents I just said goodbye to?" Victoria asked trying to hold the tears from Spilling out, she was trying to be strong just in case it was true, She needed to be a strong girl cause her little sister Ella would need her more than ever now.

"Unfortunately young miss it is your parents, they were just involved in a car crash thirty minutes ago," the cop who had brought the sad news said to Victoria.

"But don't worry your aunt Elizabeth would be coming to stay with you and your sister Ella would soon be discharged from the hospital everything is gonna be okay..okay?"The other officer said squatting down a little to Victoria's height so he could look the kid in the eye.

"How old are you young woman?" He asked

"Fourteen" Victoria said as she fought the tears that were trying to spill, she had to be strong for herself and her sister.

Her mother had always told her that she was a grown woman no matter what people said about her height and small stature even though for a fourteen years old she looked more like an eight years old, her mother always said that no matter what happens she had to be strong for her and her eight years old sister Ella.

"Oh officers I think that's enough, let's allow the little kid to have some time to take this all in," Julia said.

Julia was their neighbour whom Victoria's parents had left Victoria with to look after her because their visit to Ella always take them a few days.

"C'mon Victoria go upstairs and wait for me OK?" Julia said to Victoria, who nodded her head and did as she was told.

Immediately Victoria got into the room upstairs she threw herself on her bed and finally let the tears she had been holding flow, she cried and cried until she couldn't cry any more.

"So mum and dad have gone to heaven, now it's up to me to take care of Ella I promise to make you proud mum and dad but I wish you didn't leave me all alone" she said in tears.

She cried and cried until sleep claimed her.

************************************

THANKS FOR READING!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND ALSO FOLLOW ME HERE ON WATTPAD FOR MORE INTERESTING STORIES YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORKS HERE ON WATTPAD

XOXO