chapter ten

The way Eric kept Victoria close was beautiful and yet possessive to her, where ever he went and whomever he talked to he pulled Victoria with him, most men kept staring at her like lions wanting a piece of her, and it made Victoria very uncomfortable, even tho she knew it was impossible, she was with her husband and her husband was someone you should fear right?.

"Victoria Love meet Mr Daniels, Shantel's elder brother, he took over the Daniels company when their father passed on," Eric said introducing her, it wasn't surprising that he called her love, that was her new name tag so to say since the evening began, aside from the tight grip on her waist, the name tag was placed.

"Evening Mrs Knight so lovely to meet you, "Mr Daniels said kissing the back of her palm, this irritated Victoria a little for reasons she couldn't explain.

"It's a pleasure," Victoria said and pulled her hands away from his.

She looked up to see Eric frowning, and his jaws were moving like they were at war, his other hand was folded into a fist and the way he looked at Daniel oh one could tell Eric didn't like him one bit, and that confused Victoria, how can you date the younger sister and hate the older brother, something must have happened between them.

"Mrs night, may I have this dance please don't say no" Daniel said smiling like a Cheshire cat, guess it runs in the family.

"But of course, if Eric here would allow you to, "Daniel said giving Eric a look Victoria couldn't interpret guess what was going on was a war no one could see.

Victoria looked at Eric one more time and found him already looking at her, there was something in the way he looked at her like can he trust her safety in the hands of this man, Victoria looked into his eyes and they were like that for some minute, saying so many things but with no words.

Eric nod his head after a while, he took a deep breath and let go of her hands, when he did Victoria felt cold like the duvet was pulled off her, but in reality, she wasn't laying on the bed with a duvet over her, no she was standing in a gathering of people in a dinner hall with eric, and him letting go of her hands left her cold she never knew the warmth of having him close by, until now.

Reluctantly she left with Daniel looking back At Eric now and then, when she felt Daniel's hands on her waist it made her shiver in fear and disgust while dancing Daniel kept smiling and it made Victoria more uncomfortable.

"Victoria, how did you get married to Eric, I mean, Eric never had a fiancée and automatically he's married, so tell me, how?"

"Our relationship was private I didn't want anyone to find out, so I begged him not to ever reveal it to the press" Victoria said.

"Oh I see," he said thoughtfully.

"Yeah"

When Daniel turned her around she made eye contact with Eric who was still standing where she left him with a glass of wine in his hands, the way he held the cup made Victoria fear that he might break it, and his other hand were still clenched in a fist.

When the music ended Victoria let out a breath she never knew she had been holding, the freedom she felt on her waist was a relief to her, she smiled at Daniel of course a fake smile, as she was about leaving she felt a hand grab hers and pulled her back.

"Hey babe not fair, you didn't give me your number so I could call later," Daniel said smirking.

"You can get it from my husband" Victoria said irritated and pulled out of his grip.

"OK then, let go ask him, am sure he wouldn't think twice, you think you are important to him? no one is important to Eric except Eric, you should know this by now since you claim you dated him" Daniel said with a wicked mocking smirk on his face.