chapter thirty five

"what? i cant.....i wont believe this how on earth is what you are telling me true,my nanny abby can not and would never ruin my marriage,you better get your facts right you hear me?" eric said angrily. not that he didnt believe what his detective was saying but the pain of it actually being true.

"sir i am positive i have my facts right sir and i know you believe me"cole said.

"leave,get out now before i do something crazy,leave!" eric said his anger visible in every word he spoke.

how,and why was this possible,how could a woman who practically raised him destroy him,abby was like a mother to him as he had known her all his life,so how was this true why would she want to destroy his marriage the only thing he had opened his cold blooded heart for, how could she take victoria away from him, where erics thoughts.

"sir there's someone here to see you"his secretary said as she walked into his office oblivious of eric's mood.

"who?"eric asked without bothering to look at her as he was scared of the watery moisture that was threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Mrs knights sir,your wife"his secretary said.

"and you need my permission to let her in you idiot!"eric said

"am sorry sir" she said and hurriedly left his office.

few minutes passed and his door was pulled open,revealing a very beautiful Victoria, she was dressed in a long armless summer gown that made her baby bump look sexy rather that over bearing like other women,her hair was packed in a messy bun and she wore only a little amount of makeup, how she looked so beautiful marveled Eric.

"good evening bab.....eric"victoria said and took a seat in front of his office desk.

"evening princess"eric said with a smirk as he noticed her mistake.

"how are you?"victoria asked.

her heart broke into pieces immediately she stepped into his office,the sight of him and what she had done broke her,of course he was handsome as always but the dark circles under his eyes and the redness of his eye balls only prove she was wrong to think this man would ever hurt her,but she had gone ahead to hurt him.

"you care to know?,please vic what are you here for?,are you here to call me more names okay what is it this time? am in the mafia now or am the next Hitler?"eric asked sarcasm dripping in his voice.

"i...i..i....i.."

"you what vic?"eric said angrily.

"i want a divorce and if you don't give it to me we would have to face the law and i would tell them you a drug dealer,so please...just...just give me the divorce"victoria said with her head down she couldn't look him in the eyes cause she knew she would find nothing but pain in them.

"are you crazy THIS IS A CONTRACT MARRIAGE! we don't do divorce"Eric said coldly so coldly that Victoria could feel his pain and how he was about to turn into that cold heartless monster he was before he met her,she was destroying him and it hurt.

"we would eric cause i cant be with you anymore,i just cant,yes you where a dream come true but now i have other dreams and you are not part of it"victoria said this time holding eye contact with him.

"well i have dreams too vic and my son is part of it,if we divorce i would fight for custody of my child my hook or crook and you know i would win this war,so think vic,think before you act"eric said.

"dont think victory would be yours eric,which court would give custody of a new born baby to a drug addict?think about that mr knight"victoria said and stood up to take her leave.

she mustered every strength she had to hold back the tears that where threatening to spill,she knew he hated her now,she knew she just destroyed him,but she also knew that it was the best for him,but she doubted if her reasons where good enough to cause him such pain, just as she was about to open the door he called out to her.

"victoria. i love you stop being stupid and come back i don't know what you think you would get out there,vic,baby you are my world if you leave i might turn to the beast i once was,don't do this vic,dont hurt me"she heard him say.

"you would be hearing from my lawyers soon"victoria said and left the office.

TWO MONTHS LATER........

"I dont need any of you right now! i need my husband,somebody get me my husband!"victoria said in tears as the labour pains became unbearable.

"madam you dont have a husband but your mum and sis are outside waiting for you,and you need to push really hard darling so we can bring this angel to this world ok"the doctor said.

"are you crazy doc i have a husband and his name is eric knights and i need him right now i would die without him,please get me my husband now!"victoria said in annoyance

"ma'm are you going to deliver this baby or what!"the doctor said.

"doc,her husband is here"a nurse said.

"thank heavens please send him in"the doctor said.

"baby am here okay breath okay am here for you and our child you can do this okay"eric said as he took hold of her hands.

"i love you eric,with all my heart i love you,i cant do this without you i need you and am sorry"victoria said in tears.

"okay lovey dovey's can we do this now,ma'm your husband is here now lets bring this baby to this world okay?"the doctor said.

"okay baby girl,lets do this"eric said.

"aaaaaaaaaarrarararararrarrgh!!!"victoria screamed as she pushed with every strength in her.

"you are almost there darling,the baby is almost out one last push and we done"the doctor said.

"okay baby one last one and our baby would be here c'mon vic i know you can do this"eric said as he placed little kisses on her palm

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaarraraararaaarrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!"victoria screamed, a little smile crept on her face as she heard the cry of her baby.

"its a boy ma'm you did it"the doctor said.

"thank you for being here for me i love you"victoria said to eric who was now holding the baby in his arms, the sight was beautiful to behold but the darkness that was pulling her in was stronger than her and eventually she gave into that darkness.

"Victoria...Victoria!....Victoria!!...Victoria!!!,doctor help!whats wrong with my wife"eric said as Victoria laid on the bed lifeless.

********************************************
THANKS FOR READING!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND ALSO FOLLOW ME HERE ON WATTPAD FOR MORE INTRESTING STORIES AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORKS HERE ON WATTPAD

xoxo
(Drops pen)