chapter three

When the car stopped indicating that they had arrived Victoria exhaled for the tenth time since she had been in the car with Eric who never bothered to have a conversation with her even when he got off the phone five minutes ago.

Victoria's door was pulled open by the man who was the driver. She muttered a little thank you to him and stepped out of the car, that was when she realized that the sun had gone down but it wasn't completely dark yet. They had stopped in front of a restaurant it had an Italian name so Victoria didn't bother reading it.

Eric came and took Victoria's arms in his, which made Victoria hold her breathe, not because he took her unaware whatsoever but because she couldn't believe the mighty Eric Xavier knight whom she had only heard about in the news, or seen his pictures on magazines was asking her to marry him, actually, he never asked but the thought of this man being her husband was worth holding her breath for.

"Shall we? And please smile," Eric said into Victoria's ears.

When they entered the restaurant she and Eric were welcomed by the manager of the restaurant you could tell by the name tag on his neatly ironed suit.

Everything in this place screamed 'I am for the rich alone, poor people keep off' If not for the dress and jewellery Eric had sent to her Victoria would have felt out of place, the guests, the food, the music, the decors Victoria couldn't imagine herself ever coming to a place like this and having things like this at this point of her life, maybe in the future but not now.

They were led through another door away from the first gathering of people, this time around the people in this other place were few and looked more wealthy than the first set of people they saw when they came in, when Victoria thought she had seen it all.

They were once again led through another door this time there was no one there just a table for ten, it looked like it was only for the high and mighty of society.

Eric pulled out a chair for her which she took and muttered a silent thank you to him.

A few minutes later, after they were served their wines, a lady in an oxblood red gown that showed whatever cleavage she had to show and heavy makeup walked into the room, she scanned the place looking for someone then her eyes landed on Eric she smiled, She walked towards the table and took the seat beside eric Ignoring a Victoria who had greeted her when she came in.

"Eric love, you came much earlier and I thought we agreed on you coming to pick me," she said in the most flirting manner Victoria had ever seen. Eric on the other hand didn't bother to look at her since she came in, he was on his phone typing away.

A minute later two men in black suits came in, with a mature woman who looked exactly like Eric, her face was a bit wrinkled due to her Age the resemblance was striking.

They also came two other women one Victoria could tell was Eric's sister apart from the resemblance Victoria had seen her in the office once or twice. Followed by two other women and a mature man. They all took their seat around the table.

Then finally the one who Victoria had been waiting for ever since Eric mentioned her in the afternoon came in, her dearest aunt Elizabeth.

She greeted everyone and took her seat beside Victoria, she smiled at Victoria and gave her a reassuring mother look, which made Victoria smile.

After everyone was settled and was done exchanging pleasantries, one of the men stood up with papers in his hands he cleared his throat gaining the attention of everyone.

"Good evening everyone, am sure we all are aware of the reason why we are gathered here, without biting around the Bush, I would go straight to what we have to do... This is a contract between Sir Eric Xavier Knight and Madam Victoria Valeria Christopher on the 23rd of May, stating that they would get married in two weeks, and everyone gathered here today are witness to this contract, I am sure we all have a copy of the contract, madam Victoria Valeria Christopher you are advised to go through it thoroughly, and say whatever you want to be removed or included in the contract, thank you"