chapter twelve

All the words coming out of shantel's mouth where not making sense to Eric not that what she was saying was senseless but the fact that all his brain was registering was Victoria, which made it difficult for him to understand her.

After Victoria left them he quickly opened his tablet to check the camera in the elevator and the room since it was his private elevator the cameras in it,the hall way and suite where connected to his tablet.

The sight of Victoria crying made him want to run to her, hold her,then tell her he didn't mean any of those words he said,to tell her that she was the most beautiful woman he has ever met,to tell her that none could be compared to her,but he couldn't, he wanted her to stay away from him,she was changing him,she was bringing back that old Eric that loved and had fantasies of a happy homeShe was making him see the hope of love and marriage and that those things could stand the test of time,but he knew better with what happened in his own family, with Isabella and his father,love and marriage was a fallacy as long as he was concerned so Victoria had no right to try and change that believe,so if hurting her would make her see that he wasn't the man for her then so be it.

But why was it that watching her cry and weep hurt him in a way nothing has,why was it that he was with shantel yet he kept checking up on her and he rather watch her sleep peacefully than do anything else? Ever since Victoria, no woman looked attractive to him,watching her sleep last nigh made him feel like he had won a lottery, having her in his arms during the dinner party made him proud,and when he found out she was a virgin he wanted to protect her from harms and pain,why was Victoria turning his believe and world upside down already,she was like a virus eating into his system and no matter whatever anti-virus he set up she just found her way deeper.

"Eric!for God sake!listen to me!" Shantel yelled at him bringing his attention back to her.

"What is all this Eric!why do you keep watching that orphan sleep!why are you here but your heart is somewhere else!why is your mind with her that... That little disgusting brat!!"shantel was yelling and cursing, annoying Eric.

"she's not a brat,and don't you dare call her that"Eric said angrily.

"Well,well,well Eric, who doesn't show emotions now does?, you were like a rock unreadable but since that thing came into your life you've become weak and readable" shantel said throwing her hands in the air annoyed.

"Am not weak and readable, don't take my sympathy for weakness cause that would be a deadly mistake on your path" Eric said coldly.

"Am sorry baby,but she's changing you,changing us" shantel said taking Eric's hands.

"She's nothing" he said more to himself than her.

"OK".

......................................................

Victoria woke up to the sound of her cellphone ringing, sleepily she picked up the phone and answered it without checking the caller I'd.

"Hey sugar!how are you!" Alexa's piercing voice said causing Victoria to pull the phone away from her ear.

"Alexa must you scream all the time?,im good and how are you" Victoria said rolling her eyes.

"And duh Must you complain all the time kill joy,well im good,how's the honey moon going aye am sure you are having the fun of the century!" Alexa said, Victoria was sure her bestie was a bit tipsy and she was sure it wasn't from alcohol maybe cake or sugar if that was possible.

"Yes I am,hopefully, am in China what do you expect" Victoria said lying to herself and her bestie.

"Send them pictures or I would kill you! Ok,Just wanted to check up on you, muaah I love you"