chapter twenty-five

Shantel turned back to see who was at the door and lo and behold it was his dearest nanny Abby,she stood there with a tray of food in her hands,shantel shook her head at her and turned back to face Eric.

Eric on the other hand had a smirk playing on his face,there was amusement in his eyes and he shook his head and took his seat which annoyed Shantel, was he taking it as a joke cause if he was she wouldn't take it lightly with him.

"So Eric I don't think we can ever be over" shantel said with a smirk of her own.

"Really? Are you that desperate? You actually think you can give me a baby that isn't mine?,well shantel I don't care about what ever you say what I care about right now is you leaving my house"Eric said with a straight face.

" you think I would give you a child that isn't yours? Am not that dumb cause I know there are so many ways to prove it,fine since you don't believe me let's have a DNA test done" shantel said in her usual confident demure.

"Sir please if you don't mind me interrupting your wife is awake and she has a headache she asked for you"nanny Abby said as she placed the tray of food on Eric's table.

"OK,thanks and nanny I don't want you to say a word about what you heard and saw,understood?" Eric said in his usual bossy tone.

"Of course, please excuse me" nanny Abby said and left the study but not without giving shantel a disgusted look.

"Shantel Daniels please leave my house before I loose my patience" Eric said.

"I would but this isn't over yet" shantel said and left the study banging the door so hard Eric flinched.

He sat down there for a while with the pregnancy test result in his hands,he kept staring at it,and raking his brain to find a way out of it and the fact that shantel was right frustrated him,why did she have to get pregnant, why all the problems he was facing, first his mum, then his mother-in-law,now shantel, the problems where becoming intoxicating.

"Eric may I come in" he heard Victoria's voice say behind the door.

Quickly he hid the test result he was holding in his drawer and tried to look a bit happy cause he didn't want Victoria to know about it just yet, He stood up and went over to the door after doing a little breathing exercise he pulled the door open and pulled her in for a kiss, then gave her his billon dollars smile afterwards.

"Babe I heard your door close so hard so I decided to come check up on you,is there a problem?" Victoria asked immediately she sat down on the sofa.

"No,of course not Darling it was a mistake,that's all,nanny Abby said you were having a headache so I was just on my way to come see you,how are you now?" Eric asked and pulled her into his arms,the peace he felt whenever he was close to her was unmeasurable, how she could ease his stress without really doing anything to him was beautiful, he loved her and he would do anything to make her happy her,that's why she would never find out about shantel and her baby cause that would hurt her.

"Yes I was but am OK now,I came to submit the proposal I've been working on for the launching of our new five star hotel, I hope you like it"Victoria said handing him a file.

Immediately Eric admiration for her Skye rotted,she was perfect if he could use that word,she never stopped working as hard as she did before he married her,he knew so many women who would have giving silly excuses because they were pregnant but she didn't,she valued their work as much as she valued him,she really was his missing ribs.

"just shut up and stop being too amazing than normal, come here baby" Eric said and pulled her in for another deep kiss.

After they had broken their kiss Victoria rested her head on his shoulders, and the two sat there like that for a while in a comfortable silence, none wanting to leave the others arms.