chapter twenty-three

Victoria couldn't believe what she just heard and what she just said its been ten years now going to eleven that she had received the news of her parents death,so how could her mum call her? How could she still be alive,she went for their burial and she has been visiting their grave's,so how on earth is it possible that her mother was still alive,if it were to be true then where have she been all these years?.

Victoria kept raking her brain to try to understand what was happening, she tried to figure out if it could be possible, but her brain refused to figure it out.

"Baby come to bed,please" Eric said

Since they got home after that call she received Victoria has been lost in thoughts, at some point tears would roll from her eyes,she was always lost in thoughts, the sight of her like that made Eric unhappy, he didn't want her to stress herself as she was six months gone already, he was annoyed with himself for putting her through that stress with his mother and everything, now someone else had to add to the stress.

"Victoria"Eric called her but she was still lost in thoughts.

He stood up from the bed and went over to the table where she was sitting, he placed kisses on her neck which brought her out of her thoughts, he raised her chin with his finger so she could look into his eyes,her eyes were red due to the crying she has been doing,and it hurt Eric the more.

"oh baby please stop this,like I told you in the car,first thing tomorrow morning I would have that call tracked OK,and we would find out if its real or someone is trying to play a fast one on you, please vi come to bed you need to rest remember you and the baby need a lot of rest please Victoria" eric said.

"What if she's still alive Eric? Then where has she been all these years? i....I can't believe this is happening" Victoria said frustrated.

"Baby we would figure out all the answers to your questions in few hours time,I just need you to forget about everything now and come to bed please, for the baby please love" Eric said as he placed little kisses on her neck.

He carried her bridal style to the bed,after placing her on it he got into bed himself and drew her close so that she could rest her head on his chest,he kept stroking her hair as he had found out it made her sleep and in five minutes time he could hear her light breathing which indicated that she was asleep.

"Oh Victoria I want to take all the pains away,before you where kidnapped I didn't understand my feelings for you,but when I was giving the news that you have been taken my whole world paused I couldn't function without you,that was when it dawned on me that I was already madly in love with you,I want to protect you from hurts and pain, and I want to love you until my last breath,I want you by my side forever" Eric said and kissed her forehead.

****

The next day Eric woke up very early in the morning,he didn't bother to wake Victoria up as she was still sound asleep, he wanted to get to the bottom of the situation before talking to her,if this ends up being a prank then he pitied the prankster.

When he arrived at the office his detectives and ICT staff's where already in his office, he had called them yesterday to start investigating and tracking the call,and he hoped they had found something.

"Good morning sir" they chorused their greetings.

"Morning please sit,now what do you have for me?"Eric said taking his seat.

" sir we did as you instructed and we traced the call to a certain town located in Paris,the cell number is registered under a certain miss Rosabelle edwin
she's a nurse and she works at a general hospital in Paris,she's a mother of two,two girls to be precise,so there is definitely no way she could be your wife's mother" detective Cole said.

"Yes sir so that's why I took an extra step to find out if there is any one with the name Valeria Christopher admitted in that hospital and vala I found fifteen matches,then I narrowed it down to how many Valeria Christophers Mrs Rosabelle has treated and it narrowed down to two,one few months ago and the other for ten years,my guess is the Valeria she has been treating for ten years now would be Victoria's mother,am not certain but the facts States that it could be true" Simon his I.c.t manager said.

"Interesting, so what's the next step simon? what's your advice?" Eric asked.

"Very simple sir we go to Paris and find out, we know where she works,for me we can find her anytime any day" simon said.

"No need for that Ill tell my people to go there now and report back to me,well you guys have done a good job,thank you" Eric said and shook their hands before they left the office.

Eric's office door was pulled open twenty minutes later which brought his attention to it,and lo and behold his beautiful pregnant wife walked in looking gorgeous in a red gown she was putting on,how she made pregnancy look sexy amazed Eric.

"Hey baby" Eric said as he stood up and went over to kiss her.

"Eric why didn't you wake me up,you know today is very important to me" Victoria said after the kiss.

"I wanted to get my facts right I didn't want you to worry" Eric said as he tucked her loosed hair behind her ear.

"Okay so?" Victoria asked.

"So I've done my work am just waiting for a call to confirm" Eric said as he took her to the sofa so she could sit.

"Am nervous Eric,how could she be the one?its almost eleven years now Eric how could this be true?" Victoria asked frustratedly.

"I know baby it'd hard to believe even I myself can't believe it,but we would get our answers soon" Eric said and kissed her on her forehead.

Eric's phone rang and he stood up to pick it,he himself was anxious,he wanted to put his wife out of misery.

"Speak" Eric said into the phone.

"Wow" Eric said again and sat back on the sofa.

"OK,good thank you" he said and ended the call

"Who was it?"Victoria asked anxiously.

" the people I sent to check if its really your mum,we traced the call to Paris,to a general hospital there, so I asked my people in Paris to confirm it and...."Eric said

"And what Eric, please tell me,please" Victoria said anxiously, she really needed to know if her mother was still alive.

"And...vi its.....its your mum vi she's alive" Eric said.

"Oh my God" Victoria said and passed out.

******************************
THANKS FOR READING!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND ALSO FOLLOW ME HERE ON WATTPAD FOR MORE INTRESTING STORIES AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORKS HERE ON WATTPAD

Xoxo
(Drops pen)