chapter twenty-seven

Today was the day,finally she would confirm what she had been hearing for the past two weeks,Victoria was currently standing at the airport with Eric to welcome her mother, she was excited,anxious, doubtful and at the same time hopeful,all she wanted at the moment was for it to be true,she wanted her mother to still be alive, so she could be there for her and her baby when she gives birth,she wanted to have a parent again,she didn't want to be called an orphan anymore.

"Babe look,here she comes" Eric said

Hesitantly victoria turned, her heart beat racing cause of anxiety, she took in deep breaths to help her calm down and prepare her for who she was about to meet, and finally she came in contact with an older version of herself.

YES IT WAS TRULY HER MOTHER.

Victoria frozed on the spot, not knowing what to do,how to act,how to behave,the woman in front of her had been dead to her for ten years,the memories of the cops telling her,her mother was dead came back,with memories of the burial and all the years she had to be a big girl and look after her sister,just for her to still be alive,so she still had a mother, so she wasn't an orphan,what did she ever do faith to treat her the way it did.

"Babe won't you say something to your mum" Eric said and squeezed her hands gently.

"Hi....h...h...hi...m..m.....u....m" Victoria said softly as tears were already forming at the bank of her eyes blurring her vision.

"Oh my val,my beautiful val" her mother said and pulled her into a hug.

It was too much to believe, that right now she had her mother in her arms,her supposed dead mother,how could life be this shameless to treat her the way it did, Victoria let herself enjoy being in the arms of her mother once again,and let all the tears flow, all the tears she had been holding back and she felt her mother stroking her hair like she used to which made Victoria cry the more,oh she had missed her.

After Victoria stopped crying she pulled out of the hug and wiped her tear stained face with her hands,she was sure her eyes were blood red already.

"Oh my val look at you,you've grown up well, you've grown to be a beautiful woman,and you are expecting already oh my God I've missed you so much baby and I'm sorry I'm so sorry" Valeria Victoria's mother said in tears.

"Its OK mum,meet my husband Eric,he's the one who brought you over" Victoria said introducing Eric.

Immediately the expression on Valeria's face changed from the sad one to a mixture of anger and hate,but then she changed it quickly before she thought anyone would notice but Victoria noticed it and it confused her,Valeria shook Eric's hands so fast like it was fire that would burn her which made Eric frown and so did Victoria, but immediately Valeria turned to Victoria her expression changed to a smile and the tears came back,which made Victoria very curious.

"Come mother let me take you home" Victoria said.

The ride to the house was a silent one,awkward too, eric was busy typing on his phone and making business calls,Victoria didn't know how to start up a conversation with her mother as it was still strange to her, Valeria on the other hand was lost in her own thoughts with tears dripping from her eyes, occasionally she glanced at Victoria who was already looking at her.

When they arrived at the mansion Valeria couldn't believe how beautiful her daughters house was,it was like that of presidents or kings,a beautiful sight to behold,she was happy that her daughter wasn't suffering,and that she had made something for herself.

"Mum welcome to our humble abode,this is Walter he would taken your belongings to your room and nanny Abby would show you your room,please feel free to move around the house and please ask if you need anything I would just change out of these cloths and come join you OK" Victoria said to her mother introducing her to Walter and Abby.