chapter fourteen

The sound of people arguing woke Victoria up,she turned and shielded her eyes with her hands as the window was open and the sun was at its peak.

"How dare you do this to me Eric!how dare you ruin our relationship for a hopeless,money conscious,low life orphan that only got lucky!how dare you Eric! How dare you!!"

She heard a female voice say,it sounded like shantel's voice with the cursing and everything she was sure it was shantel, Victoria pretended to be asleep just to hear what Eric's response would be,it really mattered to know if he would defend her this time,yesterday he told her he liked her so that should count as something right.

"One,you don't have any right to question me,don't test my Patience to that extent,two she's my wife so that makes her basterdley rich,three I didn't ruin our relationship she's my wife, what do you expect?,she's asleep and I wouldn't appreciate you waking her up".

Victoria heard Eric say,his word brought joy into her heart,it brought a big smile on her face,the fact that he was defending her was reassuring that he meant what he said.

"God Eric its me,me,your shantel, Eric am your real woman here not that Victoria,Eric you can't hurt me this way baby,please,don't let that thing ruin our relationship please baby" shantel said as she took Eric's hands and pressed it on her chest,as she was at the brink of tears.

"Good morning" Victoria said gaining the other two's attention as she was tired of pretending to be asleep.

"Morning you say, its 12noon Victoria and our flight to the US leaves in an hour time so get up and start making yourself useful by getting ready" Eric said and left the room leaving Victoria and shantel alone.

Immediately Eric left shantel made her way to the bed where Victoria was, hatred visible in her eyes,she tried pulling the sheet but Victoria had it wrapped around herself tightly.

"You thief am going to kill you today and I would make sure nobody ever finds your body,I would give you a painful death you'd wish you never took him from me" shantel said.

Her words scared the life out of Victoria, but Victoria would be dammed to every show it,if there was something her late mom taught her was never to show fear no matter what the danger looks like, Victoria got down from the bed with the sheets wrapped around her,she made her way to the bathroom ignoring shantel's threats cause she knew nothing like that could actually happen right?.

When she was safely far away from shantel as far as bathroom and bedroom could be,she made sure the door was properly locked, when she was sure it was she let out the breath she had been holding in relief, she removed the sheets and put on the water,when she was sure it was warm enough she got into the tub, the warmth of the water on her body made her relax even more, then yesterday nights memory came to her mind which made her blush like a high school girl,she was feeling giddy all over, the thought of Eric brought a smile on her face and a kind of happiness in her heart. He was really something else.

The knock on the door brought Victoria back to earth,it startled her even, someone was saying something but her brain just couldn't register or process it as it was already clouded with the thought of one man, but the voice saying something sounded like the voice of that man,and the voice was yelling, Victoria had to shake her head to clear the fog in her brain then finally she could hear what the Person was saying.

"Victoria Valeria knights I would break this door and take you out of this bathroom if you don't answer me right now!!" Eric was saying and oh boy was he pissed he used her full name,but not her biological full name,he called her a knight, that means he really was serious about giving them a chance.

The sound of the door clicking got Victoria's attention, why was it clicking like it was being opened from the other side,it made Victoria roll her eyes at it,but then Eric's word came to her mind and before her brain could process the situation, the door was flunged open and Eric entered into the bathroom.