Chapter 43

STARTING THE NEW YEAR OFF RIGHT!!!!

YOU'RE WELCOME, MA SHIPPERS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the days passed, the girls continued to keep an eye on Will and Nico. Both of them had to admit: they were doing a good job at hiding it. There were only a few times they'd caught something going on between them, but that was only when the boys were 100% sure no one would witness.

Neither of them asked boys if something was going on. All they had said was that they had made up, casually shrugging it off. So this left them with one option.

Hazel.

Hazel was seven. It was easier for her to coax things out of people, and, knowing the boys, they might. And they may not flat out tell Hazel but they might slip up.

So that's what they did. Naomi and Apollo had given Rachel some big assignment to do and thought that Bianca could be of some help. And who better to watch Hazel than her older brother and possible brother-in-law?

That afternoon when the boys were with Hazel, Bianca had given her phone to the little girl. She somewhat knew what her older sister was up to and promised to do as she was asked to do. That is if she got extra dessert.

For the most part, nothing unusual had happened. Or least as far as Hazel could tell. She was a child after all and children don't have the best attention span. Instead, she had filled up half of B's storage with random pictures of herself, her and her brother, and of random things, leaving Bianca to delete them all later.

That was the last time B would ever put the much faith in Hazel.

☀️💓💀

A week after the failed attempt at getting evidence of the boys, Bianca and Will had a public event going on. Only court members and a few media people were allowed there, making it less intense (or more intense depending on who you were) for the young couple.

The event that was going on was an archery contest. Not the most ladylike thing to do, but as long as the engaged couple was bonding no one really cared.

Nico was there on guard duty standing a few feet away from his older sister. There was really no need for him to be there since there was security there for that but he had yet to see Will use a bow. And what better excuse than this?

Every so often when Will leaned over to pick up a new arrow and notch it, he'd make eye contact with Nico. It did last longer than a few seconds but it was something.

Bianca caught them in the act, though they hadn't noticed, and she cursed herself for not having her phone on her to capture the moment. Maybe Rachel could...?

Glancing over, she realized the redhead couldn't. Rachel had to get to know the court more so she was busy covering with lords and ladies and other important political figures. On top of all that, she had to keep an eye on Hazel who was playing with someone dog. A dog which she probably should've not been playing with.

After a silent sigh, she returned to shoot arrows, knowing there was nothing she could do.

☀️💓💀

Will and Bianca had one of their counseling sessions, leaving Nico with nothing to do. Or so he thought.

"Nico!" Rachel screamed, throwing his door open. The black haired boy jumped, nearly falling off his bed.