Part 2

-Your Pov-

Another sigh escaped your lips as you stood on the airship. Your flask had been drained a long time ago, and dangled from your hand. Like always, your weapon rested on your back, and you paced the room of the airship. You tried to tell yourself it was going to be easy. All you had to do was see your teammates who you hadn't seen in years, your sister who had been worried sick about you, Qrow wanting to drink with you, and then oh yeah. You also had to see the girl you had fallen for with Tai. Sarcastically, you wondered to yourself why you had waited so long to come back to Vale. And yet, here you were on a ship which hadn't been cheap, flying miles to do just that. You tried to tell yourself it was just because your sister had been worried sick about you. But deep down, you knew that wasn't true. All Summer had had to do was tell you that it would make Raven happy, and the next thing you knew, you were on an airship. No matter how much time had passed since you had seen her, the time that had gone by since you had talked with her in any capacity, you were still in love with her. When your sister had told you it was in your power to make Raven happy, your mind and body just acted on their own, and you were on a ship to a place you hadn't been in years.

After awhile, the airship landed, and the doors opened. You hopped off, thankful you didn't have any bags with you. All you head was your flask, weapon and the clothes on your back, which you would probably have to replace. They were ripped all over, and showed signs of the countless battles you had been in, stained with dirt and your blood. Sighing again, you crossed your arms, and waited for Summer, who had promised to pick you up, which was just as well. She was going to have a lot of questions for you, but was still going to be the easiest of everyone to deal with right away, especially given that you were still mostly sober. It takes her some time, but eventually, a taxi comes and the window rolls down, and you see your sister's silver eyes for the first time in ages.

She opens up the door from you, and you climb in. The driver asks for the destination, and your sister rattles off the address. He nods, and then puts up a glass screen so the two of you can have some privacy. " It's good to see you again," she says, and you echo her sentiment. Even though you hadn't planned on going back to Vale, it was nice to see your older sister again after all these years. The two of you make some small talk for a bit, and then she suddenly reaches over and smacks you.

" What the hell was with that vanishing act you pulled," she asks, as you rub your stinging cheek. " You left without a single trace. None of us knew what the hell happened to you, and hell some of us just thought you were dead outright. You didn't even show up to our graduation ceremony. What the hell is wrong with you?"

You rolled your eyes, and then looked out the window. " I already told you Summer. When Raven got with Tai senior year, I just couldn't handle it. The night she said she loved him for the first time, Qrow told me about it and then I just had to get out of there. The plan had been for me to come back at first, but yeah."

Any anger in her eyes fades, and is replaced with concern for you. " I'm sorry (y/n)," she says, and she pulls you in for a quick hug. " But, you could've sent a text, or called. And, if you had stayed, me and Qrow and all of your team would have been there for you. You didn't have to leave."

" I couldn't do it Summer," you mutter, pinching your eyes, trying to pinch hard enough to stop tears from forming. " I couldn't go to school everyday, and see the one I loved happy with someone else. And, I wanted to say goodbye, or say something. But, if I gave myself even a second to think about it, I wouldn't have been able to leave. And, you know I couldn't stay either."

Summer looks at you for a few minutes, considering your answer, before pulling you in for another hug. This time, you can't stop a few tears dripping down your face, and she holds you until you stop crying. She lets go, and asks if you're okay. You wipe whatever tears are still on your face, and then nod. The taxi stops, and the two of you step into a small house. She takes you into the guest room, and then looks you up and down. Summer promises to take you shopping, and asks if you want to get some sleep. Nodding, you lie down and quickly find yourself dozing off.

When you wake up, your scroll is buzzing. Glancing at it, you see you have hundreds of texts from your team, and other friends from Beacon, asking why you didn't tell them you were back in Vale, demanding to know why you had left, and other things like that. Rolling your eyes, you stood up and noticed a change of clothes on the dresser. A small smile touches your lips as you change out of your dirty clothes. Summer really was the best sister you could ask for. Making your way downstairs, the smell of cookies hit the air. You chuckled, and rolled your eyes. Your sister saw you doing this, and then smirked at you.

" What? I figured it couldn't do you any harm to eat something that isn't crappy bar food," she says, which makes you shrug in agreement. It would be nice to have something made with love, as opposed to a few lien. And if you remember right, the cookies Summer made were always amazing. Granted, you usually didn't get any, considering how quickly she devoured them. But, the few times you did were always nice.

There was a knock at the door, and Summer asked you to get it, since she was baking. Nodding, you went and opened up the door, and your eyes widened in shock. It was none other than the two people you had really been waiting as long as could to see, putting off the meeting for two different reasons. Your old drinking buddy, and the girl who got away from you. Qrow and Raven Branwen.