Part 35

-Your Pov-

You sit with Raven, your head rested in her lap. She took the time to run her fingers through your hair, and glance down at you lovingly as she read from a book. Every so often, she would stop to ask you about what you thought about a certain name, and you would give your feedback. You had been able to find out early that the two of you were going to have a baby girl, and so you had made it slightly easier for you to pick a name. As she went through the book of baby names, you sat there and went through some wedding invitations, picking who would fill each role at the wedding.

" So, I'm thinking Ruby could be the flower girl," you say, and she looks down at you, and nods. " And then, I talked with Kali and Ghira. The two of them are chieftains, which means they could wed us. The both of them said they would go, but Kali wanted to make sure that wasn't gonna be weird for you."

" It's fine," says Raven. " It wouldn't feel right for Blake to be there without her mother, and then you can thank her in person for doing such a good job of raising her. Is Summer going to be able to go? It wouldn't feel right without her."

" Yeah, she's gonna be there. She's not going to be visiting any of us, she wants to save up all that energy so she can be there and not have to leave early. Oh, and she wants one of us to make a wedding toast where we point out that the only reason we ended up together in the first place was because she set us up," you say, and then Raven chuckles slightly.

" I wish I had gotten a chance to thank her for it," Raven admits. " When you and I were together, I never knew how to thank her, and then when you and I fell apart, I never knew how to talk with her. But, that's always something I wanted to tell her."

" She knows," you tell her, knowing that your sister always could read that kind of thing. " But, if you really wanna tell her, then you can tell her at the wedding. She wants to talk to you anyways, and give one of those big sister speeches she has."

" I would never hurt you on purpose," says Raven. " You know that right? And Summer does too? I know I left, and that did a lot to affect you. But, I was never trying to hurt you." You smile, and then reach up to cup her cheek, and look into her eyes lovingly. She breaks the starte first, and looks away chuckling.

" Hey, so I was wondering. When we do have the baby, what do we wanna do for the last name? I was thinking that we can figure something out. Maybe a combination or something," you say, and then Raven shrugs.

" Combining last names is always tricky," she says, which makes you laugh. " It comes with a lot of complicated things later on in life. And so, I think our baby should have one of our last names, and that one of us should take the other's last name."

The two of you nod, and then go back to doing what you had been before, Raven reading from the book of baby names, as you fill out some wedding invitations. " So, I'm thinking we don't invite Tai," you say eventually. " I mean, unless you really wanted to, or Yang and Ruby managed to talk me into it. But, I'm not dealing with him."

Raven chuckles at this. " The two of you never did get along at all," she admits. " And, he wouldn't exactly be happy to see me after all these years, especially not to get married to you. Leave him off the list."

" Still, I think with his temper, there's a pretty big chance that even if we don't invite him, he'll show up either to try and fight me again, or to yell at you. And not that I don't wanna punch his lights out, but not at my wedding. I want it to be perfect."

When you say this, Raven reaches out to grab your hand. " It's us getting married. Of course it's going to be perfect," she says. " But, I agree about Tai. I think the best course of action would just be to not invite him, and make sure he doesn't figure it out."

" Can I ask you something Raven? When we broke up....of everyone in all of Beacon....why Tai? I mean he's one of the worst people I know. I mean, I dream of strangling this guy sometimes," you say, and then Raven laughs. " I asked Summer the same question, and she refused to answer."

" You're going to think this is so dumb," she says. " But, I thought he was attractive, and I was so lonely when we broke up. I missed having you, and I thought that if I had someone, then it would be fine. And Tai was there. So, we dated, but I was thinking of leaving him. When I found out I was pregnant with Yang, I agreed to marry him, if only to make things easier for her growing up."

" One of these days, I'm actually going to set him on fire. Do you know what he told me when I started spending more time with Yang and Blake? He said I was a bad influence on Yang, and that she shouldn't spend so much time with her." Raven rolls her eyes at this, and then strokes your hand to calm you down.

" I was thinking," begins Raven. " I want to take your last name. 'Raven Rose' sounds better than '(y/n) Branwen,' and besides it's what most couples do. And, I thought of a name for our daughter." You look at her expectantly, and she takes a deep breath. " I think we should name our daughter 'Summer.' She was my best friend, your older sister who always took care of you, and the reason all of this is even possible."

You nod, loving that idea. And so, she sets down the book to hold your hand, and your heart swells with love as you rest your head on her shoulder, and begin to drift to sleep, already dreaming of a family with Raven.

( let me know what you thought.)