Part 6

-Your Pov-

Like you said, you woke up the next morning without a raging headache. Sitting up, you look over and see that Summer went out to buy you some new clothes for the day, and you get dressed. Making your way downstairs, you smile when you see Summer cooking and make your way over to her. " Oh, good morning," she says. " I'm making breakfast. Was there anything you really wanted?"

Giving a shrug, she keeps cooking, and then you grab a seat. You take the time to thumb through an article about something or other on your scroll, and then in a few minutes, Summer joins you and slides a plate to you. You look up and smile at her, and then start eating. " What was it like seeing Raven," she asks, and you sigh when she does and then you shrug.

" I dunno," you admit as you start drinking your coffee. " It was nice, but it was confusing. Like I said, I left to clear my head and get used to the idea of seeing Raven with Tai. But, I won't lie and say that I'm completely over her. And, seeing her again was something else."

Your sister nods at this. " Do you want to go out with me later on today? I was looking for a gift I could get for Tai and Raven for the baby shower. I didn't know what I wanted to get, but I figure I would just look. And you need new clothes. And, your weapon needs to be fixed."

Chuckling, you get up and nod to her. " Yeah, couldn't hurt. I was also going to talk with my team if they're in town for the baby shower. I figure they're all going to be pissed off, but this talk sooner rather than later can't hurt."

Summer chuckles, and then she guides you to the car. You follow her, and get in the shotgun seat. She starts to drive, and when the two of you get stuck in traffic, you turn to her. " Hey. You've been asking a lot about how I've been doing with Raven and Tai. But, how are you doing about it?" Her knuckles start to turn white as she grips down harder on the steering wheel, and then she takes deep breaths until her grip loosens, and she turns to you and gives a small smile.

" Yeah. I'm happy for him," she says, and you know that it's a little bit of a lie, mixed in with a grain of truth. " He liked Raven for a really long time, and I haven't seen him this happy in a long time. And, she's happy too."

Hearing this, you can tell from your sister's voice that she still has for Tai what you have for Raven. That little glimmer that grows stronger and stronger over time, those feelings for someone that never die, no matter how much someone tells you it will never happen, no matter how many times you tell yourself it will never happen. You give a small smile and smirk, glad to see you aren't the only one in the world who feels like this. Summer sees you out of the corner of her eye, and seems to agree with you, seems to know that she also isn't alone in feeling this way.

" Am I crazy," you ask her, and she turns to you, silver-eyes scanning your face. " For feeling this way about Raven.  She and I dated, we broke up. She got with Tai, and is gonna marry the guy and have his child. So, I mean I should have moved on right?"

Summer sighs, and then puts the car in the parking lot of the car, and stops the engine. She reaches over, and puts her hand on your shoulder. " No, you're not crazy. We don't choose who we love (y/n). It just happens to us. And, what we do with that is up to us. But feelings change when they do. Not up to us. And you and Raven had something really special. It wouldn't be easy for you to move on from that."

" I just wish I could go back and strangle my past self before he could let Raven walk away from him," you say, getting somewhat wistful. " Or at the very least tell him to chase after her. Anything really other than just standing there like an idiot."

She looks at you, and then gives your shoulder a squeeze. " It wasn't all your fault, and she was your first girlfriend. It wasn't going to be a perfect relationship. You did the best you could (y/n.) Did you ever get closure?"

" Uh yeah. She moved on, and then went to date Tai, is pregnant with his kid and is going to get married to him. So, it seems like she's moved on. If they don't return your feelings, then that's a form of closure." When you say this, Summer gives a soft squeeze to your shoulder, and then a sad smile.

" Your voice broke halfway through saying that," she says. " You're still hurting (y/n). Maybe you need to talk about Raven and get that closure. Because, you aren't over someone until you can say that without hurt in your voice."

A small smile escapes your lips, and then you start fiddling with your sleeves. " Nah. She and I went down that road already. I mean, even if I tell her I'm still in love with her, then what does it matter? She'll be with Tai, and then I'll just be the jackass who told her I was in love with before she got married. I'm not going to be that guy."

Summer smiles, and then unbuckles, and opens the door. She steps out, and then turns to you with a knowing smile. " Taking a chance on the ones we love isn't being a jackass," she says. With that, she walks into the store, leaving you in the car to think. Eventually, you get up and follow her, playing her words over and over in your mind.