Part 20

-Your Pov-

Hands in your pocket, you sighed as you stood in front of your sister's grave. Her funeral had been the other day, and you were staying in Vale to make sure Yang, Ruby and Tai were going to be okay. Right now, they were hunkered down in the house. " Hey Summer," you said, knowing she could somehow here you. " I uh, I'm sorry I didn't come back as often as I should have. I really wish I had spent more time with you. Things are going to be really different you know? I'm going to be in town for about a month to make sure everyone's doing okay. Thinking of you always, okay sis?" 

You left her grave, and then wiped some tears from your eyes. You tried to live your life with as few regrets as possible, but right now it was hard. You wished desperately to turn back the clock and have some more time with your sister. A day. An hour, or even a minute. Just a little bit more time, instead of searching for Raven. You should have found a better balance between those two things. Made time for everyone in your life. But now, your big sister was gone. You knew regretting it isn't something she would want, or something that will do ay good, but still. Right now, you would give your life to spend one more day with her. 

As you make it back into the house, you sit with Tai and Qrow, and the three of you pass around a bottle of vodka for awhile, and then you all offer condolences back and forth between each other, doing your best to be a source of comfort. Eventually, Tai passes out, and Qrow throws him on the bed, and watches him snore for a few moments. Taking this as your cue to go, you don't manage to make it far, before you collapse drunkenly in the middle of nowhere. 

-Raven Pov-

I sigh as I stand over (y/n). I know that Summer passed, and so hid a good distance away to watch her funeral. And then, I'm doing my best to check in on (y/n) and make sure he's okay. Right now, he's dealing with a lot of misplaced guilt, and blaming himself for not spending more time with her. I can smell the alcohol on his breath, and so I pick him up bridal style, and carry him to the old house Summer used to have before she moved in with Tai. Luckily, the lock hasn't been changed yet, as it's used as(y/n)'s house whenever he comes back to town to visit. Carrying him upstairs, I find his room and tuck him in. 

As I kiss him on the forehead and turn to leave, I feel him tug at my sleeve. He mutters something drunkenly, asking me to stay. For a moment I'm worried he knows it's me, but then he mumbles something else, and I realize just how drunk he is. It could be absolutely anybody here, and he would ask them to stay. However, I know he needs this right now, and so I pull him into a hug, and begin to spoon him. 

I know I probably shouldn't, but he needs me right now. And so, I hold him, untilI feel myself growing drowsy. I need to leave, but the warmth he gives off is intoxicating, and I find my eyelids growing heavy. I tell myself it will be fine, and I just need to be gone before he wakes up. " Good night my Rose," I whisper to him like I did at Beacon all those years ago. 

The next morning, I force myself awake early, and then take one last look at (y/n). I know that staying with him was a mistake now, since I find myself not wanting to leave. However, I have to, and so I plant on last kiss and step through a portal to the bandit tribe. They look at me confused, wondering where the hell I went last night, and where I've been leaving to, but I tell them it's nothing, and then they all hurry back to their jobs. 

-Your Pov-

Waking up, you sigh and then throw up into a trashcan. How Qrow manages to do this to himself every night is honestly beyond you. Looking at the clock, you see you slept in later than usual, probably from the alcohol. But, it wasn't just that. Last night, you felt safer than you had in sometime. Like when Raven used to wrap her arms around you. You shake your head, and tell yourself it was nothing other than the alcohol in your system. But whatever it was, feeling like that again was nice. Sighing, you head on over to Tai's house. When the door opens, Ruby crawls over to you, and you manage to smile and pick her up. Making your way into the living room, Qrow recounts to Tai how he had found Yang and Ruby in the edge of the woods, and saved them from a Grimm. He then goes on to say Yang claimed to have been looking for Raven, which makes you sigh. 

" That makes two of us," you mutter under your breath. Luckily, none of them here you as they continue to talk about what happened. Setting Ruby down, you sit with Qrow as Tai goes upstairs, and you sit with Qrow in a comfortable silence. Eventually, Tai makes his way downstairs, after about five minutes and turns to you. 

" She wants to talk about Raven," he mumbles, trying to keep his voice steady. " I told her she left, but Yang insists. She found Raven's old pictures, and you're in a lot of them. She wants to talk to you about Raven." 

Nodding, you make your way upstairs, and smile at Yang. She does her best to return it. Sitting down on the bed, she takes a deep breath and turns to you. " Tell me about my mom," she says. 

( let me know what you thought. next chapter is probably a flashback chapter.)